C39 - Psychotic

My head was spinning, and sweat was running down my forehead. I passed out last night and was left with a blurred memory of what had happened. All I could remember was expressed through some weird images popping up in my head. The images looked like a hand with blood tracing down it, my blood. I'm not sure that's what I saw last night, but I knew something bad had happened to me.

"Valerie?" Alex called out distantly. I wanted to answer, but I couldn't manage to, my voice failed me. My neck was hurting, so I brought my hand up to a certain spot. I groaned when my fingers came in contact with my skin, the wound to be exact. "What happened last night?" I asked, my voice cracking. Alex let out a displeased sigh when I tried to sit up. He said something, but it sounded blurred to me. I was too caught up in the thought of it being Alex biting my neck like a maniac, rather than listening. In a quick movement, my head went up so that I faced him: "You must've done this, Alex."

It felt like forever fighting Alex to get out. I'd screamed at him, hit him, and pushed him away several times. Not once had I tried to listen to what he had to say because I simply did not care. At this point, all I wanted was to get the hell away from this place.

"Valerie, it wasn't me!" he said as he put up his hands to declare peace. "You're lying, just like you've lied to me for years! You're crazier than I thought!" I exclaimed. Before he was able to answer, I spoke instead: "You're psychotic, Alex. I don't see why you warned me about Jace when it's you I should stay away from." I backed up towards the door. His face tensed right after I finished my sentence as if he was pissed off. "That's it, I'm telling you now, Valerie." He rushed over to me to close the door, preventing me from leaving. "How did you move that fast?" I gasped. "You know how I'm always cold now, and how Xavier's touch brought you the shivers?" he started. "Yeah?" I raised my eyebrows. "Our blood's different from yours, just like our diet is different," he explained. He has definitely gone crazy. "You're speaking as if you're another species, Alex," I scoffed. "Think it over, Valerie. The coldness, the aversion to sunlight, the violence, all the blood you've seen." By now I knew I was meant to catch on to what he was speaking about, but I hadn't. What he said only intensified my suspicions of them being crazy. He basically explained the people here as cold, crazy and heartless people, and that's not tempting me to stay.

"We have updates on Xavier, we need you to come, Alex," Jace's sister said from the entrance. She's never been the one to come get Alex. It has always been Jace? "I'm busy," Alex answered. "Yeah well, so are we, and we need you to put aside your love drama for Xavier right now," she answered, clearly frustrated. Alex nodded slowly, and she took off. "I need to go, but please promise me you'll give me a chance at explaining. It's really not what you think." I mean, he's still the person he was years ago, he's still Alex, at least I hope he is. Perhaps I was the one going crazy? For what I know, last night could've been an illusion caused by my constant fear of the unanswered questions of mine. "I will, but not until I get that key back," I answered. He slightly smiled at me, something he hadn't done in a while. I didn't return the smile since I hadn't gotten any explanations yet. "Be careful," he said. I nodded before I walked past him to leave. That was strangely easy...?