C69 - Red Heart

When we were leaving the car, Xavier purposely pushed me out, causing me to fall directly to the ground with my face first. "You okay?" he asked, trying not to laugh. I groaned as I tried to get up. He grabbed my arm firmly and helped me up, surprisingly enough. What he did next, however, explained why he pushed me down in the first place. He removed the blood from my new wound with his fingers and brought them to his lips. "Thank you, even though it was unwillingly," he whispered, faking a smile.

The others weren't pleased with what Xavier did, but I said it was okay even though it wasn't. This was something I would expect from Jace, but not Xaver. The reason I let it go was simply that I started feeling sorry for Xavier in some way. He hasn't hurt me before and I doubt he would do it for the fun of it now.

"You're clever, Xavier, but remember who you're with," I warned him. "You're clever, Diana, but remember I'm more," he chuckled. Him calling me Diana felt so weird and unreal. Each time he called me by the name Diana, he made sure to pronounce it rougher than the rest of the words to make sure I knew that this was unequivocally wrong.

I received a text when waiting for Hayden. It was only an emoji sent from Alex's phone number. I frowned down at my phone automatically, which caught both Xavier's and Dane's attention. It was a red heart only? "Don't fall for it," Dane warned. Xavier's facial expression turned serious, his lips parted to speak, but he never got the chance. "What's the fuss about a message?" Adeline asked as she walked over. I immediately locked my phone to prevent her from seeing the message. "Okay then," she scoffed.