C30 - Toxic

At first, I started stuttering, then came the apologizing. However, Alex didn't look very pleased with anything I said. "You have no right to spy on us like that," he almost growled. "I know, I just-" I exhaled. "Just stop it," he cut me off. "You're not telling me anything anymore, and-" I once again started. "I can't pretend anymore, Valerie. I don't care that you're curious. What I expect from you is patience, and you're giving me the opposite. I'm done," he interrupted me. "That's all you have to say? That you're done?" I scoffed sharply. He pursed his lips, obviously, he was angered by me. "You knew I was there before I stepped out, when Jace was there, why didn't you say anything? You must still care because if not you would've let Jace handle it." He stepped closer to me so that he was standing right in front of me: "Jace would've raged, then hurt you so badly that you wouldn't have been able to walk. Perhaps you're right, maybe I should let him handle it the next time." "Jace is toxic, when will you realize? With people like him comes anger that will intensify with time. It'll get bad, Alex, very bad. You've waited five years, isn't that long enough for you? I would rather watch you break over and over again than let you become like Jace. You're not him, Alex, you're just not," I answered. "You don't know anything about Jace, nor me. So before judging anyone in here, perhaps you should get to know the truth first," Alex said angrily. "The truth that you're too fucking scared to tell me?" I raised my eyebrows. "I think it's best if you just leave, Valerie."