C21 - Goodbye Alex

Alex returned before Xavier did. "I didn't leave you with Jace?" Alex frowned at Jace. "There isn't a single scratch on your pet, don't worry," Jace answered in defence. "Can you leave Jace?" I asked. "I feel very appreciated," he said sarcastically. "Jace, get out," Alex said as he pointed to the door. "Oh, how much I love you guys, such nice people," Jace snickered. He headed for the door but stopped right in front of Alex so that they got eye contact. "I can see it on your face," Jace chuckled mockingly. "I have full control," Alex answered with a hint of anger in his voice. "We'll see about that," Jace cleared his throat and glanced at me before leaving.

I asked Alex several times what Jace was on about, but Alex refused to answer. "I'll have no other choice than to leave you if you won't tell me anything," I blurted out. I was angry, upset and frustrated with Alex because he was basically keeping everything from me, and I'm aware that he wants to protect me, but how can I be sure? He could be cheating and I wouldn't know, and that's pretty damn bad.

"You can't leave me." "Is that supposed to be a threat or something?" I raised my eyebrows. "No, it's not safe outside of this castle." "Earlier I was told that it's not safe in here either, so I guess I'm fucked no matter where I stay," I scoffed. I put on a sweater over my t-shirt as I intended to leave as soon as possible. "I'm here," he reminded me. "Yeah well, are you really?" I asked. He narrowed his eyebrows and went quiet, looking nothing but uncomfortable. "You keep leaving, and I don't ever get to know why you go, or even where." "Yeah, I know and I'm sorry," he exhaled. "No, screw that, you don't even mean it." I opened his door since the locks were currently open after Jace had left. "Can't you just wait a bit longer?" he exhaled. "No, Alex." 

It was quite rude what I did, but knowing Alex, he won't be telling me anything anytime soon. I've got to admit though, I never expected him to let me leave that easily. He just stood there staring at me when I left, not moving anything but his eyes. He didn't follow me, he didn't even call my name, not once. Honestly, I don't even know if he cares about me anymore, it sure doesn't seem like it at all. Anyway, no matter whether he cares or not, I'm leaving him in here with all of his secrets. Now my only problem will be to get out of here without getting into any trouble. I've already been warned about this place.