C10 - Alone with Alex again

My stomach dropped first when I realized what Alex said. Jace reacted extremely fast, I, however, did not. I stood still in shock, so Alex brought me with him in the backseat. "To where do we go?" Jace asked. "Not home, pick somewhere else," Alex answered quickly. "Can you please tell me what's going on?" I asked through heavy breaths. "How can we possibly solve this? I can't leave you alone with Valerie to distract them," Alex completely ignored my question. "Why can't Jace distract them?" I suggested. "Yeah, why can't I?" Jace's eyes moved up so that I could see them in the front mirror. "Because of your anger, Jace. You easily make reckless decisions," Alex answered. "Like you when you met Valerie?" Jace scoffed bitterly. "Excuse me? That wasn't a stupid decision, right Alex?" I frowned insecurely. Alex lowered his sight a bit, but he didn't seem like he was agreeing with Jace. "I can control my anger, meanwhile you can explain a couple of things to your so-called-girlfriend," Jace said.

We didn't drive much further before Jace dropped us off. It had started to rain not long before we got out of the car. "Now what? Are we just gonna stand outside and soak ourselves?" I sighed. "Can you at least look at me like I'm still your boyfriend?" Alex asked. "You think I'm planning on breaking up with you?" I asked curiously. "You can break up with me, which I'm pretty sure you will do later on, but you can never leave me." "Let's say that I do break up with you, why can't I leave you?" I crossed my arms. "Because I got you into this, and I can't get you out, so I have to stick around to make sure they won't achieve their goal." "First off, what the hell have you gotten me into? Secondly, who are these people?" I asked frustratedly. "I can't tell you yet," he answered. "Fine then, at least tell me who Jace really is, and why he's with us." "He has a connection with the thing that I can't tell you, I'm sorry." "That's complete bullshit," I scoffed. "No, Valerie, it's not." Drops of water were running from his hair down to his lips. The rain was indeed soaking us, but neither of us went inside. "Do you still love me?" he asked so low that I could barely hear him. "I do, but it seems like it's unilateral." "If that is what you think of me, then our relationship will hang by an even thinner thread after the truth comes out," he said.

Alex was confusing me and driving me crazy, yet I didn't hold anything back when he came closer. "Tomorrow, Valerie," he said softly. "What about tomorrow?" I asked as I leaned my head on his shoulder. His arms slowly went around me before he leaned his chin on the top of my head. "I'll slowly start to show you who I am." "I don't know you, do I?" I asked, afraid of getting the hurtful truth. "Sadly you don't know the most important about me, and I wish it could stay like that forever."