C91 - Nikkie

Since Alex hadn't reacted, I rushed outside to avoid Hayden. I asked Dane to come out as well, but he didn't come, however, Nikkie did. "Okay, there's definitely something you're not telling me" she exhaled. I stared blankly at the wall, trying not to panic at the thought of Hayden being close by. He wants to kill me, and he will if he gets the chance. "Valerie, I-" Nikkie muttered before she was rudely interrupted. "I see you met Valerie, Nikkie. It seems like we all fall for her betraying charm in the start," Hayden said. I immediately hid behind Nikkie, keeping me from even seeing him standing there. His voice isn't initially intimidating, but knowing he has intentions of killing me makes his voice a whole lot worse to hear. I held my hand over my heart, feeling my heart race in a rising frequence. The intense beating of my heart almost made it feel painful like it was about to stop beating or something. Additionally, I felt an abrupt sickness that just wouldn't go away. "Alex met a little distraction inside, too bad he didn't watch you when you truly needed him to," he said. Hayden was starting to sound awfully much like Jace, which made this even worse. Nikkie carefully moved towards the main entrance, and I followed her lead, skeptical to what she was trying to do. "She's evil, Nikkie," Hayden told her. "I'm not," I stammered.

The door behind me suddenly opened, hitting the wall which caused a loud thud. I assumed it was an unsatisfied stranger leaving the party, but it was, in fact, not. I heard the sound of shoes walking on concrete, typical formal man's shoes. Nikkie tried to grab a hold of my hand, but I was too shocked to react to her desired move. Nikkie was suddenly pulled away from me, exposing me to Hayden completely, but he didn't move. He didn't step forward to scare me nor did he grab me to achieve his goal. "But I am," Jace said. I carefully turned my head to see Jace standing there, holding a tight grip on Nikkie. "How did you know?" Hayden asked angrily. "I didn't. I took the risk," Jace shrugged his shoulders, provoking Hayden. I could see that Nikkie wanted to say something, but she was petrified, which is very understandable. I would be the exact same if my life was in Jace's hands.

Hayden was left with no choice but to leave without killing me. I didn't quite understand what happened, but whatever Jace did, it worked. "Come on, Nikkie," Hayden said. When Hayden walked past me he made sure to make eye contact with me to scare me, I assume. Nikkie frowned and looked at me with big, shiny eyes. I looked away, knowing I wouldn't be able to explain anything to her. She's so innocent and kind, this was not supposed to happen with her around. I hope we'll meet one day so that I can explain to her that I'm not the evil person that Hayden describes me to be.

I looked up again, just in time to see the door close behind Hayden and Nikkie. I was left alone with Jace outside the building now. "Don't kill me," I said, realizing he could be furious. I backed away from him, but he didn't come closer. His jaw moved to the side and his teeth connected, he was clearly not pleased. "You didn't get it, did you?" he scoffed, shaking his head. His absolute calmness, by some reason, frightened me. "Get what?" I asked hesitatingly. "Nikkie is Hayden's weakening person, Valerie."