C96 - Gone

Alex hadn't called me love in months, but I guess that made it even more special this time. My sudden fear of him was unnecessary and unpredicted, I truly should trust him. And he should be able to trust me, but I understand that he can't fully do that, especially not after what I just did. "And I certainly wouldn't bite your neck only to please myself," he said, stepping away from me with a small grin on his face. I slightly smiled, watching him as he stepped further away from me. His deep brown eyes came to view as his pupil decreased from the sudden light exposure. A curl of his hair was hanging down at the side of his face, hiding half of his left eye. Why's he gotta be so alluring all the freaking time? 

I'm used to vampires telling me that my phone's vibrating so that I can pick up, but Alex didn't bother to tell me. He picked up my phone when it vibrated and almost read the message. "No, wait!" I gasped, grabbing the phone. "Hiding something?" he asked skeptically. "You have your secrets, I have mine."

Apparently, my answer was not accepted by Alex. "That better not be Dane," he said. I shushed at him, reading the message from, ehe, Dane. Alex repeated my name as an attempt to get in contact with me, but I was too shocked by the message. "Valerie!" he exclaimed, hitting my hand hard enough for me to drop the phone on the bed. It didn't hurt, but I had to answer Dane as quick as possible. I quickly grabbed the phone and continuously moved to keep Alex from grabbing the phone, which was quite stupid considering the fact that he's a vampire. However, I managed to send the message and lock the phone just in time. Alex got a hold of my phone, but he couldn't enter it without the code. "It was Dane, wasn't it?" he asked disappointingly. "Even if it was, why would it matter? It's like having an insider, Alex," I pointed out. "You can't rely on him. Hayden could easily take his phone and send you a text from his number, Valerie," he exhaled.

I was surprised that he wasn't sounding too angry, but I guess our moment had something to do with it. I didn't show him at first because the message was vague and didn't prove anything, but once I received a second message with actual proof, I found it too serious to be kept hidden. I put my finger over the home button, allowing the phone to unlock for Alex. He looked down, seeing the messages himself. 

Alex ran off to check whether the message's claim was legit or not, but I knew it was. Dane's careful around Hayden, he knows how to keep secrets, at least for now he does. Before I got to proceed with my thinking, Alex returned. "He's gone," he told me, confirming the message. He was breathing through his nose, clearly stressed about the situation. "Hayden has no privileges of keeping him alive... he hates him," Alex told me. I swallowed oddly, trying to come up with a plan to solve the situation. "How did they take him though? Wasn't he here all along?" I asked confusedly. "He must've left by himself, and there you have a perfect example of why I don't want you to leave the castle alone," he sighed stressfully. "Don't you think Zane is good enough to get out somehow?" I questioned. Alex shook his head, staring blankly at the wall. "Why not?" I asked. "Zane may seem strong and all, but truth is, he's not," he answered. "I thought you, Jace, Xavier and Zane were the same?" I frowned. "No, Zane and Xavier weren't born vampires," he muttered. "Right, but they're still vampires," I pointed out. "I guess Xavier could make it, but not Zane. He's only been a vampire for a year or less, and he literally just left his teen years, turning twenty some days ago," he told me. "He's that young?" I stammered. "Yes, and he honestly is too weak alone."