C64 - She looks like Valerie

Hayden was on the phone with someone while looking at me closely. I straightened my back as I leaned back against my seat. My nervousness only worsened the more he looked at me, the more he seemed the suspect me of being someone else. "No, you must be mistaking," he said. He had his volume rather high so I could hear the male on the other end talking about the time they kidnapped Xavier and me. "The girl you brought looked like the Valerie we caught," the man said. Hayden narrowed his eyebrows at me. He was fiddling with something on his denim jeans, possibly thinking of ways to solve whatever problems that could occur. "Anything wrong?" I nervously smiled. "Nah, it's not her. Keep looking," Hayden answered and hung up. I looked at him, feeling nothing but tense. I was waiting for him to tell me what he'd talked about, even though I already knew. He told me it wasn't important, which I truly hope was true. I swear, travelling with a fake identity with someone trying to hunt you down is quite the risk and it sure tares on your nerves. 

Even though Hayden had told the guy on the phone that I wasn't Valerie, he kept glancing at me every now and then, and I swear, for each time he did I felt my heart skipping beats. Whenever he accidentally touched me and I felt his cold hands, I automatically thought of Alex, and for some reason, I feared that he could sense that somehow. He turned his head to me, slightly narrowing his eyebrows. "You look a bit tense," he pointed out. Sorry, I've dated an evil vampire for years and now I'm travelling with another vampire who's out to kill me. In addition, I have to lie to many people only to survive. Oh, and Jace might be raging at me by now, which is just fantastic. "No, I'm not at all tense," I answered, faking a smile once again. "Perhaps you could talk with Alex to lighten up because you're clearly a bit tense," he answered. "Why the hell would I speak with Alex?" I stammered, my eyes widening in shock. "Alex? I said Dane" Hayden remarked, looking rather confused. "Oh, right. Sorry, I always feared that Alex guy when dating Zane."  I have to get my thoughts under control, that could've gotten real bad real quick.