C28 - Get out

I had no clue why, but silence took over for some minutes. They were still in the room, I could hear their breathing and walking. However, knowing I could hear them so well was starting to scare me, what if they suddenly hear my breathing? Or Xavier's?

"I received the message, Alexander," Jace broke the silence. It felt like such a relief that they hadn't noticed any of us, yet at least. "As long as she doesn't draw attention to herself she'll be fine," Alex answered. "I knew you would say that. So, may I add one more thing?" Jace asked. Alex cleared his throat: "Sure." "If they get to know that she's here later tonight they will wait outside the castle till she day she sets foot outside, which we both know will happen," Jace told him. If they want Alex so bad, why not take him when he's alone? He was alone earlier tonight when he went after me, that's a perfect opportunity. I'm, of course, not implying that I want them to take him or anything. I just don't understand their ways. "And your point is?" Alex questioned. "Valerie needs to get away from here for the night, maybe even for days. You know, just to break the potential rumours."

I knew they were talking about me before my name was mentioned, yet I still felt my heart drop when Jace said my name. Perhaps it's my fear that caused the reaction; the fear of being caught lurking. "And with whom will that be?" Alex asked skeptically. "Xavier," Jace answered shortly. Alex didn't get to say something before Jace continued speaking. "But first you need to tell her you know what," he said. "No," Alex quickly answered "If you don't, Xavier will. Don't you understand?" Jace scoffed, sounding somewhat annoyed.

I jumped when I suddenly heard a loud thud, which I knew was one of them being pushed against the wall before falling to the floor. "I said no," Alex grumbled. "You're not Alexander until you've managed to see past the love you feel for Valerie. She will get in your way, and you'll see eventually," Jace answered, coughing. 

Jace left the room, but Alex stayed. I could feel the floor moving down and creaking, he was walking closer to where I was. I held my breath and shut my eyes, feeling the fear growing for each step he took. Alex moved so close to me that I could hear his breathing like I could feel his presence. "Get out," he suddenly hissed.