C22 - Unknown Whispers

The night was coming around, meaning the darkness was now hovering over the surroundings. I got out, without getting caught or asked questions. Well, it was my decision to make, no questions should be asked from strangers anyway.

It was windy now, and utterly unpleasant. I mean, the temperature was decent and all, but I didn't feel safe out in the dark by myself, but that's because I knew I wasn't. Oh well, what can possibly be worse than Jace right about now? I'll be getting away from him, and from Alex's weird secrets.

-Xavier's point of view-

Jace was raging, badly. He wouldn't stop yelling at random people that entered to ask Alex for something, and for each time he would threaten them if they didn't leave at once.

"You know what will happen if they get her, right?" Jace asked Alex, sounding provoked. "Of course I do," Alex responded. "I never thought you were this stupid," Jace said, chuckling right after. His hands were clenched, his jaw tensin. By now all Jace was doing was controlling his anger, something he's remarkably bad at.

It seemed as if Alex was trying to do the same as Jace, but he was unquestionably better at it. "What do you want me to do? Force her back? I can't do that," Alex exhaled. Jace rolled his eyes at Alex before he took a deep breath. "If you die, I've failed, and I don't fail. So, we're gonna find that little lover of yours and tell her the truth, and if you won't do that, then I will," Jace said. "There's no way in hell I'll do that," Alex grumbled. "Try to stop me then," Jace's snapped.

The tension between Alex and Jace was only increasing, and there was no time to fight at this point, so I made my input on the discussion. "Guys, we could protect her from the outside. That way she won't know that we're there," I suggested. "Really, Xavier? I don't care about that girl, I only care about our species living up so that we don't die out," Jace answered. "What if I do it, would that be okay?" I requested hesitatingly. Jace snickered at me: "Would you look at that." Jace shook his head at Alex in a mocking matter that obviously was directed at me. "It could work," Alex said. Jace let out a sigh of frustration: "I swear you two only get dumber for each day that passes." "I swear you only get more vexatious for each second that passes," Alex replied with a dead facial expression. I didn't expect Alex to snap back at Jace so an automatic chortle escaped my mouth, causing Jace to glare at me. Alex certainly meant what he said dead serious, and Jace didn't look too happy about it.

-Valerie's point of view-

I went home by bus, and it took quite some time. Especially since I took the wrong bus at first. I guess that's just my luck, but at least I got home.

My door was locked, surprisingly enough. I presumed that at least one of those people that Alex talked about would raze my house, but no one had.

When changing my sheets, I suddenly heard some strange noises coming from outside of my house, well at least I thought I heard something. "Woah!" someone unquestionably gasped. I moved my head to the side, towards my window. The handle was fully down, meaning the window was entirely closed.

From what I could see, no one had been inside of the room, but there were finger marks on the window indicating that someone most likely intended to. I let the sheets that I was holding fall to the floor before I made my way over to the window. I began speculating about the thoughts of it being Alex outside my house, but it didn't take long before my suspicions were proven wrong.

"You're so stupid!" someone whispered. I heightened my head instantly, that was when I truly realized that someone was actually here, right outside my bedroom window. I carefully placed my trembling fingers on the handle of the window, and inexplicably enough, I was considering to open the window so that I could hear their conversation. It was a risky move that required me to control my breath. I very carefully grabbed the handle with a sturdy grip before I let the window open the slightest. I silently sat down on my knees to reduce my exposure to the strangers outside. "Don't let her see you," someone whispered. "Her window," a darker voice whispered warningly. I ducked down impulsively and felt my heart beating faster ... I couldn't recognize the voice.