C109 - Deceased

Alex left immediately, and I followed as I didn't want to see Xavier like that anymore. He didn't go directly to warn the others about whatever was going on though. Instead, he stopped and put his head in his hands. He shook his head, trying not to react strongly to what had happened, but I could see he was affected by it. However, I didn't dare to speak in case I would say something wrong. I simply just stood there, feeling useless and awful. Alex inhaled deeply before dragging me closer to him, tightening his grip around me so that I almost couldn't breathe. He leaned his head on my shoulder, not loosening his grip. I could hear his trembling breath by my ear, making me feel upset just knowing he was.

Alex was able to keep control of his emotions, surprisingly enough. His head was placed right by my neck, silenced by the current situation. Something terrible had happened, affecting several people I know, including my own lover. And there was nothing I could do to make it better, heck I didn't even know what was going on.

Jace came out from Xavier's room with a wet spot on his t-shirt, obviously soaked by Xavier. "I'm guessing he didn't tell anyone," Jace cleared his throat. Alex shook his head, pulling away from me. "All right, then, I'll go tell them," Jace said. I peaked behind Jace, seeing Xavier sitting on the floor with an empty look on his face. The tears had stopped rolling now, his mouth was open and he was breathing steadily. Leaving Xavier alone like that felt wrong, but Jace told us to.

This time, Alex didn't bring me to his usual room, instead, he brought me to his main room on the third floor. He remained silent for a while but exhaled several times. I sat on the bed with my hands intertwined and a worried facial expression. "Xavier received a message from Hayden," Alex told me suddenly. I felt the lump in my throat growing as the fear of getting to know what had happened intensified. "Hayden chose to strike this way because Xavier is obviously important to Jace now, and Zane being Xavier's only brother... they knew Xavier would react a certain way. Clearly, Hayden must've known Jace wasn't prepared at all for such reaction." I swallowed oddly, trying to understand the severity of the situation and what exactly had happened.

"I never turned Zane, Valerie," he told me, his voice lower than usual. I frowned, silenced by shock and confusion. "My sister turned Zane before she went back to England with my older brother," he told me. "Wait, what? Is Zane her weakening person or something?" I asked. "He was," Alex swallowed oddly. "Was?" I repeated. "They killed him, Valerie."