C37 - Lost Key

I've had my doubts regarding Alex, but perhaps my opinion will change after I get to know the real him better. He told me not long ago that they were looking for Xavier, but that they hadn't found him just yet. Because of that, he kept going back and forth from this room and Jace's. They must have quite the strong relationship as they fought brutally and still finds it okay to cooperate.

Alex entering interrupted my thinking abruptly. "Any information?" I asked hopefully. He shook his head, seeming considerably disappointed. "Did Xavier say anything to you before you left?" he asked. "No, nothing of importance. He did give me a key from that book that you found in my house once though," I answered. "Ah, so that's where it was! Please tell me you still have it." Thinking about it now, I didn't feel it in my pocket when putting Dane's phone number in it...

"I uh," I stammered, realizing I had lost it. "Valerie, that was possibly our only way to save Xavier!" he groaned in frustration. He put his head in his hands and made sounds indicating he was stressing. "I'll get it back, Alex. I met someone, maybe he thought it was his and took it," I said. "A guy? Who were you with?" he frowned. "It was nothing, Alex. I didn't know what to do and he kept me company. That's all that happened. I have his number, I can meet up with him again and ask him." "No, I don't like that idea," Alex answered disapprovingly. "It was Jace who attacked me, not him. That guy did nothing harmful. You don't need to trust him, just trust me." I could see by his facial expression that he wasn't liking my suggestion, but gave in eventually: "Fine."