C84 - You can't have me, Valerie

Something changed after seeing Alex again. The way I reacted to him was so unpredicted and frustratingly positive. "I feel like it's been ages," I said. He nodded, agreeing with what I'd said. Zane switched the lights on in this room, allowing me to see his face again. I know I should've feared him in some way, or at least feel the slightest bit disgusted, but I didn't. "I won't ask you why you left, but I will ask you why you chose to come back," Alex said, looking down at me. "When I was with Dane and the others, I thought I realized that I wanted a life without any vampires, but now I'm not so sure anymore," I answered, my voice almost trembling. "You've spent quite some time listening to them. I think you should spend some time listening to me now," he said. "Yeah, you have a lot to explain, Alex," I sighed. "And I will, but you'll have to be patient. It's a lot to take in and you have to give it time," he answered. "I understand." "You kept my scarf," he weakly chuckled. "Yeah," I nodded, looking down at it. "Do you guys ever stop? It's annoying as shit," Zane complained. "You could always join Xavier and Jace in whatever they're doing?" Alex suggested, faking a smile at Zane. I could see by the look on Zane's face that he'd much rather be here...

Alex had fixed plane tickets for our way home, which was good, of course, but it left me with time to kill. And during that time, I started thinking deeply. I took into consideration all the things that people had said about Alex and what I personally felt. He's been a vampire all these years, feeding on human beings like myself. I was bitten in his home and we never figured out who did it. Wouldn't he put in an effort to find out if he truly cared about me? His cold hand suddenly rested on my shoulder. I gasped, but not loud enough for anyone but us to hear. "Too cold?" he asked. I slightly shook my head, trying to think of what to say. "Valerie, what is it?" he frowned down at me. I carefully got up so that I was facing him. "I think I've been thinking too much," I said. "About me, I presume." "You feed on humans, Alex. How can I not think about such?" I exhaled. "Humans kills animals and each other. Hayden and the others feed on animals instead of humans, as a type of vegetarian vampire thing. The vampires considered as bad lives like vampires have always lived. The other vampires decided to change their ways, and that's up to them, but this feud... it's dirty and wicked. We were created like this, to live on the blood of humans. I've always lived like this, meaning I can't survive on animal blood like Hayden and those vampires can. There are no 'vegetarian' ways for us 'bad' vampires. This is how I am and how I survive. If you don't want that kind of 'evil' in your life, if you want me to change, then you can't have me, Valerie."