C78 - Overheard

Looking out the window was all I did after discovering the ugly truth to why I was here. I never though Hayden would use me like that, he's supposed to be good, isn't he? I let out a sigh, but not loud enough for the others to hear. They were discussing something so they probably wouldn't have heard anyways.

I mostly looked at the snow-covered trees while they kept going on with their discussion, but when I slightly moved my sight towards the bus stop I spotted a male and a younger girl. She looked like she was 10 years old or something, but I wasn't able to guess the male's age as his back was facing me. They were talking normally until he touched her arm, making her eyes widen in what I assumed was fear. She nodded at him, her lips were trembling as well as her hands. He slightly bent down to her which caused her to run off in a matter of seconds. He remained in his position for some time, watching her run desperately towards the bus that had just arrived. When he straightened his back and tilted his head to the side, I could see the girl frowning at him from the bus window.

I had gotten so caught up in the situation happening outside that I'd completely blocked out the others in the room, missing their entire discussion. "Oh, wait," I muttered under my breath. The clothes he was wearing looked strangely familiar, but they weren't Alex's clothes. The person suddenly looked up towards the window of the hotel room with a growing smirk on his face. He's here all alone? "Oh, no," Xavier whispered. "What's going on?" I whispered. "Yeah, what's going on?" Adeline asked. Xavier and I glanced at each other before we peeked outside, seeing Jace holding his finger over his mouth. "We were just curious about your discussion," I lied. "It's none of your business, Diana," she said, almost growling by the time she said my fake name aloud.

Xavier was somehow communicating with Jace, using only his hands, mouth and body language. Jace was certainly struggling to find out which number our hotel room was, and Xavier was trying his best to show it with his fingers. However, he had to choose his movements carefully as he couldn't make it look too suspicious. "You look like you're trying to dance. Stop it, seriously," Hayden said. "I dared him," I chuckled insecurely. Dane narrowed his eyebrows at me and it worried me. I feared he was catching on to what was going on. They all looked away again, hopefully believing my stupid excuse.

I couldn't see Jace anymore so I leaned my head forwards, completely failing at my coordination. A thud was heard the second I hit my head against the glass window. "Ugh, silly evil humans," Adeline scoffed at my clumsiness. Jace held his hand up to his mouth, struggling not to laugh. Oh, so now he's back all of a sudden? "I don't think leaving your boyfriend did you any good," Xavier whispered. I tried not to laugh at what he said because I truly didn't wanna give in to the thought of going back to Alex.

Instead of mimicking the number of the hotel room, I tried telling Jace what floor we were on so that he could use his hearing or something to get here. The reason why I wanted him to find was simply that I didn't want Hayden to use me against Alex. I know that Alex won't force me to stay with him, but I'm not certain that Hayden will let me go that easily. This way I might be able to go home again.

As Jace was frowning and making confused facial expressions, a woman walked by, asking if he was alright. Jace looked rather offended at her question and proceeded with ignoring her. She poked his arm which provoked him enough for him to threaten her right outside the hotel. "Ugh, really," Xavier exhaled. The woman ran off as expected and Jace continued his quest to find us like nothing had happened.

Finally, he somehow understood what floor we were on. "How's he going to make it all alone?" I whispered as low as I possibly could. "He won't." I coughed, clearing my throat as I tried to understand how this was gonna work out. "Has he gone stupid without you?" I asked, trying not to sound offensive. "Says the one who slammed her head against a window for no apparent reason," Xavier scoffed mockingly. "Haha, very funny," I answered, rolling my eyes. "You know, whispering doesn't really help when you're in a room full of vampires," Hayden said, interrupting our conversation.