C108 - Warn the others

I never expected Dane to lie to me like he had done. He never planned on letting Zane go, he just fooled me into thinking he would. That must be why he wouldn't answer me nor meet me, only Nikkie did... and she was obviously forced to. I should have listened to Alex, I truly should've.

Suddenly an extremely loud thud was heard from the room beside Alex's - Xavier's room. Alex's eyes expanded, making him look both confused and worried. "What was that?" I asked. "Don't know," he answered, telling me to stay in the room while he checked. I could hear voices talking above each other non-stop, but I couldn't catch what they were saying. In addition, the volume of the voices increased to the point where they were all just yelling.

I opened the door in pure curiosity to what was going on, seeing several vampires running in the opposite direction of Xavier's room. "Stay in, freaking weak human!" one of them yelled at me. I froze in my position, trying to figure out what the hell was going on. "Xavier, open the door!" Jace yelled, banging on the door harshly. I saw both Alex and Jace trying desperately to open the door, but they failed miserably. Jace's knuckles were bloody and bruised, supposedly from trying to open the door in every way possible. His hair had become messy and his face was expressing grave concerns for whatever was going on behind the door. "Xavier, please!" Jace begged. I have never heard him beg for something like that before...

Finally, Xavier opened the door and let Jace rush inside. The door was no longer muting the sounds so I could hear what they had been hearing all along. I heard the loud and ear scarring sounds of Xavier's voice cracking up and prolonged cries made me feel sick and worried. He was breathing heavily and wasn't able to get out a single word. I hesitatingly walked closer to the open door, scared to see what it all looked like. 

By now I had a lump in my throat, silencing me completely. Once I was standing in the door, I could see them both on the floor. Jace was sitting on his knees with Xavier in his arms, desperately trying to help him. Xavier's chest went up and down in a high frequency as tears running from his eyes soaked Jace's shirt. I had never seen someone react like this before, I had simply never seen someone this hurt before. The way he struggled to breathe and control anything about himself made my heart fall to my stomach and my hands almost trembled. Alex stood completely still, staring down at the two. He didn't say a word, neither did I. I had no clue what had happened, but clearly, they did. "You need to warn the others, Alex," Jace said, his voice cracking up as a barely viewable tear traced his chin. Jace was crying?