It was just a song

This is about 3-4 months after the leave me be story. Bruce and Wally are alive n kicking. Damian and Tim over hear something private and Damian connects some dots. Fluff and angst.

I'm not a good parody maker so just try and read it to the melody of the song above from after PB interrupts. Sorry.

"I'm telling Grayson!" Damian yelled, storming upstairs. Tim had been annoying him a lot more than usual and he knew one sniffle would get the optimum reaction out of the eldest. "Not if I tell him first Demon Spawn!" Tim shouted. He ran up the stairs only to be greeted by a small cold hand covering his mouth. He licked it knowing that its owner, Damian, would be disgusted enough to let go. Sure enough, the hand was ripped away from his face and wiped on his shirt. "You're simply disgusting," Damian told him in a hushed tone. The insult was paired with an imitation bat glare. "You're simply annoying," Tim countered. "Why are we whispering?" he added. Damian pointed to Dick's door and opened it slightly, not enough to be seen but enough to hear what was going on inside better. "He's playing the guitar and humming," he stated. His voice was next to a whisper, making Tim's reaction delayed as he tried to work it out. "Really?" he asked, intrigued. He had noticed a guitar on one of his visits to Dick's apartment but Dick said it was decorative. "Yes. Listen." So Tim got closer to the door and listened.

There was a strum of a guitar then a few more, seemingly working out a melody. A hum improved it and the melody was found. "Sorry that I treat you like a Father. Is that something I shouldn't do?" Dick sang. Honestly, they were surprised he had an impressive voice. Then again they only heard him scream/shout sing songs in the car. "Sorry I don't treat you like you're perfect like all our fellow heroes do."

"He's talking about Bruce," Tim stated. 

"No way Captain Obvious, enlighten me more," Damian spat. 

"Sorry I'm made with too much sugar. Am I just too sweet for you? Is that why you always lecture me? I must be such an inconvenience to you." He sighed. "Well, I'm just a problem. I'm just your problem. I'm not even real family, am I? I'm everyone's problem." They glance at one another in concern. He was the person who solved problems. How could he be a problem himself? "Well, why should I justify what I do? I shouldn't have to prove myself to you. But why do I have to be the one that makes up with you? So...what do I do? What should I do?" 

The singing stopped and the prying pair scrambled to get away before being caught. They would've got away too if Tim hadn't tripped over the carpet, bringing Damian down with him. "Damn you, Drake!" A heavy object was put down and a concerned Dick poked his head around the door. "What're you two doing on the floor?" he asked through a chuckle. He picked them up by their shirts and returned them to their feet. "Drake fell and dragged me down with him," Damian answered spitefully, flashing Tim a glare. "You were supposed to keep me up! Strong like a tree you said you were! You're weaker than a bloody sapling!" Tim snapped back. 

"Both of you calm down, it was an accident," Dick said quickly. "What did you need me for? You two are only outside my room when you need me for something," he asked. They tensed and hurried to find an excuse. "Erm yes. We were...wondering if you could show us some circus tricks," Tim lied. "Right Damian?" He nodded vigorously.

"But you said you hated my tricks," Dick pointed out. Fuck. 

"I changed my mind. Hurry up before I change it again." That seemed to be enough to convince Dick and he smiled. "Alrighty then." He closed his bedroom door then looked back to them. "You didn't happen to hear any music playing did you?" he asked. They shook their heads. "Good, I don't want to annoy Alfie with my music. He's always preferred classical," he said.