REVERSE! BATFAMILY

Oi oi guys, thought I'd do some fun reverse Batfamily, mostly because Dick Grayson is like a child in an adults body when he's older and I thought fuck it he's a child now. So this takes place around Christmas time the first year Dick stays with Bruce. Might be in parts due to length but we'll see.

Ages:
Jason: 14
Damian and Tim: 16
Dick: 8
Wally: 10
Roy: 13

On with the story!

Prologue

Dick hadn't been what Jason, Tim and Damian had thought. They had prepared themselves for a cocky circus kid who'd show off at any moment they got. But what they had was a small boy who didn't trust anything, who was scared of everyone, who was silent all the time and who never looked up past the floor. They heard crying almost all the time he was alone and couldn't even comfort him. After a few weeks, Bruce explained that Dick had night terrors and was mute. Doctors blamed him being mute from the trauma of seeing his family die. The night terrors were a pre-existing thing. Once Dick found out they knew he opened up more, like he had nothing else to hide. He tried to bond with them more and took a liking to Damien the most. Then, after a few months being Robin, he found friends in Wally West (Kid Flash) and Roy Harper (Speedy). They became brothers to him and Dick began to speak again. It would only be a few sentences a day but it was progress. When December came around, Dick got a little sadder but stayed optimistic about Santa coming. He didn't give a reason to why Santa meant so much to him but it was clear that it was important to him. Damian was confused to why they had to talk to him like Santa was real but never asked about it.

Current time

Bruce had sent the boys out to buy gifts for their new brother which lead to Jason, Damian and Tim blankly at all the toys. They had come across a showcase that sent them all into thought of what to get him when Damian broke the silence. "How are we supposed to buy something for a kid who's practically a mute?" he asked in his usual angry voice. It wasn't like Damian didn't care about Dick it was more frustration of not knowing what to do. "Don't be like that Damian, Dick has been through a lot!" Tim scolded.  He'd actually taken a liking to the boy who hardly spoke. He hadn't made much head work with Dick until the winter season and this was his chance to cement their relationship. Damian shot him a glare and huffed. "Todd, tell Drake that this is stupid. You must see that this is impossible!" Damian whined. 

"Stop being a brat for five minutes and help find something for him," Jason growled. He was visibly stressed about what to do. Christmas was a big thing for kids and he had no idea what to do.

Each toy looked so different and non of them suited who Dick was. Tim pointed to a small circus Lego set with a smile. "We could get him that!" he exclaimed. 

"Then when he opens it he'll be reminded of his dead family, that's a great idea. Christmas is saved," Damian replied in a voice dripping with sarcasm. 

"No need to be a dick about it," he muttered angrily. "

Guys can we not fight over this. I know let's ask that ginger kid he hangs out with, Wally." Jason suggested. "Barry's sidekick?" Tim asked. 

"No, Wally the paper boy. Yes the sidekick," Damian murmured. 

"Shut it Damian. I think Dick was supposed to be hanging out with them today. Maybe if we get them alone we can find out what he wants?" Tim suggested. 

"Wow, Drake actually thought of something useful. It's a Christmas miracle," Damian retorted earning a hit on the back of the head from Jason. "Any idea where they'd be?" Jason asked. "Bruce said they'd be in this mall. That's why he warned us to stay away from Dick while shopping," Tim answered. 

"Alright, search the mall for them. Text each other when one of us has found them." Jason ordered. Damian nodded and ran to the left whilst Tim ran to the right. Jason then ran down the middle. Luckily, the mall only had two floors.

Damian found Dick and the two red heads in fifteen minutes. They were sitting beside the fountain. Dick watched as Wally tried to push Roy into the fountain. He stifled a giggle waited for the chaos to occur. Damian just rolled his eyes and sent a message to Tim and Jason. 'West is a bad influence on Grayson. I'll talk to him about that later,' he thought as he heard a splash.

Before Damian found Dick

Dick was signing to Wally about his 'brothers' starting to be too overprotective before Wally raised a hand. He wore a devious smirk and Dick raised an eyebrow. "Imma push him in," Wally stated pointing to Roy who was trying to impress some girl. "You're also gonna die," Dick signed. "But it will be worth it Boy Blunder," Wally replied sneaking up behind Roy. 

"Rude," Dick whispered with a smile. He watched Wally slowly approach Roy, who was completely oblivious, and covered his mouth to stop a giggle coming out. Wally then grabbed Roy's shirt and pulled him into the fountain, making a large splash. Dick let out a laugh and pointed at them. "I'm so gonna kill you!" Roy yelled as the girl walked back to her friends. 

"Hey, not in front of Dick!" Wally yelled back. Roy huffed and jumped out the fountain. 

"She had a boyfriend," Dick told him, his laughter more controlled.

The girl was now kissing some jock, making Roy's shoulders slump. "Better luck next time bro," Wally added. Roy rolled his eyes and began to wring out his drenched clothes. Dick giggled until he saw his brothers walking up to them....