oh god

EDIT: TW BLOOD

ALSO THIS IS QUITE OOC

Horror movie night. The best night of the month Dick had thought. Normally he would choose the movie but Jason had an all time favorite he just had to show them. "I don't know about this movie," Tim said, reading the back of it. 

"It's got six awards for most realistic gore. Won't this be slightly triggering?" he added.

"They got the awards like five years ago you big baby," Jason teased. Dick swiftly told him off, making him sit back in a huff. "You don't have to watch it. We won't think any less of you if you don't want to stay," Dick assured him. 

"It's alright, I'll be fine," he replied, slumping back into his seat. 

"What about you Damian?" Dick asked. "I'll be perfectly fine Grayson." He nodded and started the movie.

Everything was going swimmingly, well for most of them at least. Tim was hiding his face in Dick's side. He didn't mind though, he just put a protective arm around each of them to soothe their fear. Damian had long been asleep thanks to figuring out the murderer not ten minutes into the movie. (Yeah i had regrets about making him a scaredy cat.) Jason was half asleep but in a few minutes he'd wish he'd been fully awake. It would've spared his brother of an uneeded reminder.

Dick watched the movie happily until one scene where two of his favorite characters ran to a cliff edge. The killer was minutes behind them. It was either a jump to potential freedom or being hacked up with a chainsaw. They chose the first. God he wished they hadn't. They jumped down and became a heap of blood and guts. He screamed and caught the attention of his brothers. He never screamed at horror movies, at Poptarts popping up from the toaster sure but not horror movies.

Dick's hands were firmly placed over his eyes and his body crunched up in fear. "What's wrong?" Tim asked. Jason looked to the screen and widened his eyes. "Dick, I'm so sorry. I completely forgot about this scene," he insisted. Tim and Damian only had to glance at the screen to understand what had set Dick off. "Why would you even put this movie on?" Tim shouted, putting a comforting hand on Dick's shoulder. "I forgot about it! I'm normally not paying attention because I don't like those characters," Jason insisted. Tim gave him an imitation bat glare then turned to Dick. "Just turn the damn thing off," Tim told him. Damian was confused on why Dick had such a dramatic reaction to what happened. "Why is he like this?" he asked. 

"You know about his parents, right?" Jason said. He nodded which confused the other pair. "Then you should know why."

"But the characters are fake and are not in a circus setting. He has no reason to react so violently." Dick whimpered curled up tighter. 

"They fell," was the best he could muster. Damian connected the dots. 

"You want us to put on a Disney film?" Tim asked. Dick shook his head, never removing his hands from his face. Damian then remembered the conversation he had with Dick a few nights before. Dick liked hugs so in theory a hug would fix him. With slight awkwardness, Damian shifted and hugged him. Dick's hands made their way off his face and around him.

"Damian just hugged Dick." Tim stated. 

"Worked though," Jason replied. The younger then joined the hug. "Don't expect me to join." Jason stated, folding his arms. "Jason get your butt over here!" Dick exclaimed. With a groan, Jason reluctantly caved in. Dick could only laugh slightly at him.