160 holy shit

I really wanna get this story to 200 parts. I might try to get it further than that but I think 200 is a good goal for this year. Maybe next year it'll be like 250.

This story was originally planned to be made on Valentine's Day but me not knowing how to write it for a while means it's now. Birdflash is just everywhere.

EDIT: TW MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH

The team were in the training room and someone brought up Valentine's Day. Of course this started a chain reaction of who was going on a date with who and a lot of teasing. "Hey Robin, are you gonna take your computer on a date since your married to your work?" Bart asked with a smirk. "Very funny. I actually do have a date you know," he snapped back. "Going on patrol with Batgirl is not a date," Nightwing chirped in.

Robin blushed furiously and ended up punching his sparring partner, who happened to be Cassandra, in the neck. She fell on her back from the loss of breath and breathed heavily to recover what was stolen. "Sorry Cassie!" She put a thumbs up to him. "All good," she choked. Nightwing laughed a little then went back to his work. "What about you?" Artemis asked, trying to divert the attention away from him. "What about me?" he asked, turning to her. "Shouldn't a playboy like you be out and about? Tonight should be like your Halloween," she joked. He smiled and shook his head. "I'm spending the night with Wally. Bats got Blüdhaven covered and Robin and Batgirl can handle Gotham."

There was an awkward silence as they all looked to their leader. Wally had been dead a year now yet he insisted upon acting like he was still alive. Like they could still be together. "You do know it's just a hologram down there, right?" Connor asked, getting a jab in the side by M'gann. "I do," Nightwing replied. "I just like to be there with him. You all have your weird things and I have mine." Artemis sighed and put a hand on his shoulder. "You should at least try to move on. He wouldn't want you sitting in a dark cave alone. Especially when Jason is right in front of you."

Robin and Nightwing both tensed up at the name. Robin hadn't known Jason but it felt wrong to just say his name so nonchalently. "Let's not talk about this in front of the kids. They don't want to know about this sort of stuff," he said. He only said that because he could feel that prickle in his eyes that meant tears were on their way. "Alright but the old team is having a meeting," she insisted. He groaned but didn't protest much. He could do with some help with this type of thing. Batman wasn't exactly comfortable when it came to talking about feelings, comfortable with a case though just not human emotion. Nightwing knew better than to ask at this point.

Training was wrapped up and the team was either sent home or to a room in the newly rebuilt mountain. It didn't have the same charm as before but it would do better than where Nightwing had kept them. The old team, Connor, Kaldur, Dick, M'gann and Artemis, all sat down. "We know you miss him very dearly, we all do, but you can't keep going like this. You're turning twenty! You can't stay alone forever," M'gann explained the best way she could. "He was the love of my life M'gann, I don't want or need to find anyone else," he replied. "Richard, I lost someone I loved too yet I at least try to put myself out there. Even if it's only for someone to talk to and a good meal," Kaldur said. "You're not a billionaire's ward. You don't have newspapers and magazines taking photos of you wherever you go. You don't have every other relationship blown way out of proportion and have to break it off with them," Dick argued.
"So you have tried?" Connor asked.

As he remembered it, Dick had never been in a relationship other than one with Wally. It's what made them work through problems others would just break up over but it also made it hard for him to go on the dating scene after so long. "Of course I have! They all either turn into one night stands or just someone looking for my nonexistent millions," he responded. "At least I know if I sit down there with Wally I'm not going to get scammed or made a fool of." M'gann put a hand on his. "You can't keep going like this."
"Maybe I want to. I love Wally and I know he loves me. I don't want to meet someone else."

They cringed when he used the present tense. He was in denial. "You said loves." Connor stated. Dick looked to him in confusion causing him to repeat his sentence with more inflection. "You said loves."
"Oh. Right. Loved. I meant loved." He stood up immediately and felt a little sick from the conversation. He was wrong. He didn't want this conversation as much as he thought he did. "This is over. I'm going to see him and if I want to use up my life waiting to be with him, then I'll do it."
"Dick-"
"No M'gann, this is over." She sighed and looked down. "Happy Valentine's Day Dickie."