Baby curls

Inspired by the wholesome Dan Howell embracing his curly hair.

Comment here or on the original for it was fake so I know if you would like a Young Justice centric or DaddyBats centric fanfic. I'm good with both.

Robin walked into the Mountain uncomfortably. He was trying something new with his hair and he liked it but he didn't know if they'd like it. You see, Robin had natural curls that he straightened every day. They were a reminder of his not so American heritage and he used to be teased already on his poor grasp on the English language. This meant he hid it. The only problem with straightening your hair every day was that it damaged the hair. After countless comments from Artemis and Barbara at school, he decided to forego his fear and return to his roots. 

He walked into the main room where his teammates had been happily sitting. "Hey," he greeted. They turned to greet him but stopped. Most looked intrigued by the hair whilst Connor just carried on reading. "I know what you're going to say. What do you think about it?" he asked hesitantly. Slowly, M'gann got up and lightly patted the curls. "They're so bouncy," she said with what seemed like literal stars in her eyes. She looked excited just by the sight of them. "Little baby curls for a little baby bird," Artemis teased. She had known Dick was Robin for the last month and was proud to see her constant nagging had paid off for both Dick and Robin. His hair would thank her. Robin blushed at the comment in embarrassment. "Someone said straightening my hair wasn't good for it so I decided to let it be natural."

"It's adorable," Wally commented, joining M'gann in patting the curls. 

"Do you guys mind not doing that?" he asked, brushing their hands away. 

"But it's so fun," M'gann complained. 

"Your hair is very curly. I like it," Kaldur said, putting in his two cents. 

"Yeah it looks great on you," Wally added, patting it again. 

"Wally I will break your arm if you do that again," Robin warned as he grabbed the older's hand.

"Worth it."