Car ride

Today in class my teacher was talking about what teenagers want. She was like teenagers want to be beautiful and want to be popular. My emo ass was like "some teenagers wanna die" and everyone just turned to me like shit bro. Safe to say I'm going to get looks for the next week...

EDIT: TW GORE/BLOOD

The night Dick's parents died was the night all hell broke loose for the child of seven years. He watched as his mother's arms stretched to meet his small shaking hands but they never made contact. They fell, his father putting his mother on his chest. He sweetly kissed his wife as he knew it was the end for them. They hit the floor with sickening cracks that made Dick want to scream. Which he did. He made his way over to the bodies as quickly as he could, dropping to his knees once reaching them. He sobbed and screamed for them until a social worker pulled him up, shoving him into a car. Dick was taken to a Juvenile  Detention Center because all the orphanages were full. Unfortunately, because he was so small there were no clothes for him to wear so he sat in his performance gear that was soaked with the blood of his parents. Each day after that was hell. Kids beat him, officers hated him and he hadn't spoken or eaten in days.

When Bruce heard of how this child lost everything and where he was sent, he had to do something. He got in contact with the social worker and fostered Dick. He was particularly disgusted by this worker as they once commented "Do what you want to him. He's gypsy trash anyway."

Dick meets Bruce

Dick was woken up by a gruff looking officer. They sneered at him as he quickly shot up. He shook a little with fright, hoping the officer wouldn't hurt him. "Someone has come to take you away for some reason. Don't mess it up you little shit," they snarled. Dick nodded and followed them to an office where a man wearing a very expensive suit waited. He had a friendly smile but Dick still felt scared. What if he'd hate him? What if he was just this man's new punching bag? Or worse?

Bruce looked upon the child with a little pity. His eyes were a dull blue and he had various cuts and bruises. "Hello my name's Bruce Wayne, you must be Richard Grayson," Bruce greeted. Dick looked up wearily, he seemed exhausted. "I-I pre-prefer D-Dick," he stuttered. The officer kicked him for stuttering, receiving a death glare from Bruce (Bruce-glare). "Alright Dick, would you like to come home with me?" he asked politely. Dick nodded shyly. "Great. Let's get you out of here then."

In the car, Dick was silent. It was only till he started swinging his legs that Bruce noticed he was barefoot. "Where are your shoes?" he asked.

"The of-oficers took them." The boy answered simply. 

"Your stutter is getting better. Any reason for that?" he commented. Dick shrugged.

"I-it's because I'm not there anymore and I don't feel a-as much pressure. Perhaps you can make me who I was before. Or you can be l-like everyone else and d-discriminate against me because of who I was and a-am. Your pick Mr Wayne," he explained sadly. 'Such a big vocabulary for a seven year old,' Bruce thought.  "You can call me Bruce or anything else but that. Too formal," Bruce replied. Dick eyes widened in worry. "I-I'm s-sorry M-mr B-Bruce. I-I d-didn't m-mean t-to up-upset you," he apologized worriedly. Panic was shown clearly on his face. "It's fine Dick, I want to help you. You see, I lost my parents when I was twelve and I understand how bad it can be without them. You're much younger and I can only imagine how much worse it is," Bruce explained. Dick looked up at him confused. "Y-you want to help me?" he asked.

"Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?"

"Because I'm a circus performer, that's a bad thing yes?"

Bruce felt something tug at his heart. This child had been taught there was something wrong with him just because of where he was brought up. He wouldn't let this go on. "Never think who you are is bad. Just because your different doesn't mean there's something wrong with you," he told him sternly. He looked at Dick's eyes and saw them grow a vibrant blue. A blue that seemed so perfect it was unnatural for anyone to possess them.  "You're different Mr Bruce." Bruce raised an eyebrow at him. "In what way?" he asked. Dick smiled and Bruce immediately smiled back. "You care about those who aren't cared for. You didn't have to get me out of there simply because I've lost those close. But you did and I thank you for that. I'm just sorry for the hell you'll get for this," he explained his smile slightly fading. "Hell is more bearable when you smile," Bruce joked. The boy giggled an unusual giggle. He instantly put a hand over his mouth and looked down. "S-sorry i-i k-know my l-laugh is annoying," he apologized. Bruce just smiled, "I like it. You seem like a good kid, Dick. I'm glad I can invite you into the Wayne family. My parents would've loved you." Dick took his hand away and let a tear slip as he smiled back. 

"Mine would be grateful for you saving me and I'm sure would've offered you tickets to our show," he chuckled sadly. "Maybe I'll show you it some time..."