Aftermath of Slade

Hiya guys I'm sorry for not uploading in a while, writer's block is a bitch. I was rewatching some Teen Titans (the original) and was like wow they could've made the Slade story so much angstier. So here's like the aftermath. Roy and Wally will be here as older bros. Roy isn't a clone. Roy would be like 21 and Wally would be like 17 or something. No robfire only friends, fight me. Story time go!

TW: GORE/BLOOD

Cyborg sat on the couch playing an intense game of Battle Bots with Beast Boy. Starfire was watching, occasionally cheering when someone was winning, which annoyed Raven as she was trying to read. It was around seven at night and it had been Robin's first night back since being taken by Slade. Normally, Robin would do some training then some work, reports and such, then go out for patrol. He'd come home at around four am which worried all the titans. But tonight was different for Robin.

Each moment he spent alone felt like he was trapped by Slade again, too scared to fight back due to the safety of his friend's fate being controlled by Slade. Whenever he saw himself in the mirror, he saw the suit he was forced to wear as the apprentice of Slade. The 'S' carved into his wrist that had been branded over didn't give much comfort either. He didn't want to go out there again in fear of being captured and forced to do it all over again. The fact that it was seven at night, the time Robin usually spent training, was probably the main factor in why the Titans were so shocked to see their leader came into the room. His demeanor didn't help either. He held his right arm nervously, avoiding eye contact with them all. "Hey guys, can I sit with you?" he asked. They nodded and he took a seat beside Raven. He pulled his legs close to his chest, watching the TV. They sensed something was wrong with him but they didn't have much idea how to ask if anything was wrong. He had tear tracks down his face which didn't go unnoticed.

"Friend Robin, are you the okay?" Starfire asked after a few moments of awkward silence. 

"I'm fine. You?" he asked trying to get the attention off himself. 

"Worried about you. You haven't been yourself since we got you back," she replied. He visibly trembled at the thought of him, worrying them more. Cyborg paused the game, giving his attention to Robin. He may be the leader but he was still just fifteen. As the eldest Cyborg should really be the one he could come to. "Rob, be honest, we're not going to be mad if you say something is wrong," he assured him. 

"Yeah dude tell us what he did to you, it'll help to vent," Beast Boy added with a smile. Robin shook his head. "I don't want to talk about it. Can we just pretend this didn't happen?" he asked his voice broken. "No we can't Robin! You're not the same anymore," Cyborg exclaimed, standing up and aggressively gesturing.

What Robin did next was something none of them had seen before. He didn't glare or do anything the normal Robin would. He hid his face with his hands in a defensive way, like he thought Cyborg would hit him. Now they knew Slade had done something to their leader. They thought it was just black mail but Slade had to have abused him physically to warrant this reaction. "Rob, I wasn't going to hit you," Cyborg said. Robin just looked up at him and stood up, glancing at the team's faces. He then threw a smoke pellet and ran away to his room. He couldn't let them know. However, he did need a shoulder to cry on. Or maybe shoulders. He got out a phone and went onto a group. He called it, hoping they would pick up. "Yo Dickie we heard you went away for a while, how's things?" Wally asked. He heard sniffles and got worried. 

"Dick, are you crying?" Roy asked. 

"Can you guys come over please? I-I can't let the others know but I'm....scared," he cried. The boys with held gasps at how shattered their little bird was. "We'll be over soon. Stay calm Dickie." They hung up and Dick was left to cry in his room.