Teen Titans!!

1) This picture is so adorable 2) At the time of writing this book has got 399 reads and I'm just wow thanks guys Jesus you love Robin. 3) Have you seen Teen Titans Go? It's an abomination! Hate hate hate!!! Apparently, the guys who made it haven't even seen the original for fuck's sake!

*Deep breath* thought I'd do one for the original TT. In this the Titans see a side of their leader that surprises them when if I'm honest it shouldn't, enjoy.....fuck you CN you make me so angry sometimes.

Okay I'm lazy as fuck so Beast Boy will be shown as BB. Got it?

Edit: Omfg reading BB makes this awful. Imma change that real quick

Btw Robin is really pale because I decided he would be.

A/N over *drops mic*

EDIT: TW BRIEF MENTION OF SELF HARM AND SCARS ARE TALKED ABOUT 

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/self-harm/useful-contacts/

https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/if-youre-having-difficult-time/if-you-want-self-harm/

https://www.benice.org/get-help/crisis-hotline

Crime had been unusually low in Jump City. Robin blamed it on the hot weather they seemed to be having whilst Cyborg argued it was because they were scaring criminals away. They had all been sitting on the couch together, doing various separate tasks. Robin was reading over a case file upside down as though that was in any way normal, Raven read over a book on spells, Starfire braided her hair and hummed whilst Beast Boy and Cyborg played their games. Loudly. The heat didn't help the others tolerance towards them either and soon they began to fight over meaningless things. Beast Boy became bored of arguing quickly and jumped with an idea. "How about we go to the beach? Since we're just at each other's necks anyways," the changeling suggested. Starfire smiled and nodded. "That sounds great! I shall start the packing of the supplies!" She exclaimed excitedly.

Robin shifted nervously and sat upright. "How about you guys go and I stay here? I need to get some of these cases filed and with all of you out-"

"Robin, when was the last time you had a day out with us?" Raven asked. Her question drew a sigh out of the leader. "A week ago but-" Raven shook her head, holding up her hand to make him pause.  "We're not just a team Robin, we're friends and we know you haven't been out in the sun for a while. You're paler than a sheet of paper," Cyborg protested. 

"Fine. Just don't ask questions," Robin told them. He got up and went to get changed leaving them with collective raised eyebrows.

Luckily for the Titans, they lived on an island which meant they got a private beach. Starfire wore a full bathing suit and set up towels so they could sunbathe and a parasol for shade. Cyborg ran out shirtless and in trunks, cannonballing into the water that surrounded the tower. Beast Boy closely followed, turned into a giant elephant mid-jump. "Elephant ball!" He yelled crashing into the sea, causing Cyborg to laugh heartedly as Starfire giggled. Raven walked over and sat under the parasol. She wore a purple bikini under a dark purple sundress. Sure she hated the sun but she still tried to dress appropriately to the weather. Unlike a certain leader of theirs. Robin followed her out wearing a long-sleeved sweatshirt, jeans and trainers. His outfit seemed designed to hide something, what that was the team didn't have a clue. He still had his mask on and he bit his lip nervously. They were surprised to see him nervous over a day at the beach. "Who would've thought he was self-conscious?" Cyborg muttered to Beast Boy. He nodded and eyed their leader suspiciously as he sat beside Raven. She gave him a look up and down. "Covered up enough?" she asked returning to the book she had brought out. 

"It's not that hot out," he answered, sweating a little. Training came in handy when he was attempting to lie. "Hey, Rob! Join us out here!" Cyborg shouted. Robin shook his head with a smile and declined. Raven and Starfire exchanged glances. Something was up.

Later everyone had joined the duo in the water, except Robin. He stayed in the shade, thinking intensely. Starfire frowned, catching the other's attention. "How about we take away that sweatshirt? Some fun won't kill him," Cyborg said. Starfire smiled at him with a mischievous glint in her eyes. Raven rolled her eyes before saying "I'm in." Beast Boy grinned and rubbed his hands together. "Don't think I'm not in." 

Robin glanced at the team. They were laughing at something he couldn't hear. A part of him wanted to say fuck it and join them, the other told him to stay because of what they'd see. Scars. Clear big and small scars that littered his body. No, he'd stay put and watch like always. They didn't want to see that. It would break the image of the invincible leader they followed. Suddenly Beast Boy ran from the water distracting him whilst Raven sent a tidal wave of water towards him. He was immediately soaked but let out a small laugh. They were just trying to have some fun. But he hadn't expected Cyborg to pull off his sweatshirt and that's when it happened. They all stopped smiling and Robin quickly covered his chest as best he could but he had scars along his arms as well. He felt tears brimming his eyes when he saw their horrified faces and ran off into his room, finally letting the tears fall when the door was locked. Their image of him was fractured and smashed into tiny pieces. 

Starfire was the first to speak up, "Poor friend Robin. To get such scars he must've been in pain," she announced feeling a tear trail down her face. They all felt the same even if they didn't want to show it. Raven thought for a moment. "I knew his mind was scarred but it was nothing compared to that," she replied coldly. Raven opened a portal grabbing their attention. "Are you guys coming to apologize?" she asked even though it wasn't a question more like they had no choice in the matter. They nodded and they walked through the portal into the hall outside Robin's room.

There were soft sniffles coming from behind the door which worried them. They didn't see him cry or even hear him for that matter so this was new. Raven took the lead and knocked on the door gently. "It's Raven, can I come in?" she asked expecting a no. There was some movement then the door slid open. Robin's mask was on but he had clearly taken it off to cry. He had a shirt now, an old My Chemical Romance shirt (I just really like them okay?) he'd snatched up off the floor. He was quiet then sniffled a little holding his arms. "Sorry you had to see that," he said avoiding eye contact. "It's fine Robin," Raven reassured him. 

"Dude, how did you get that many? Are you running into doors like every day?" BB asked. Robin smirked a little at his naivety and shook his head. "Back in Gotham torture's popular. I've been cut up, stabbed, had electrodes stuck to the sides of my head and much worse." He shuddered at the memories. "Scars were bound to appear, especially with Joker liking to carve his name into my arms so much." They all winced. "Look I am really sorry. Guess it's a side effect of being just a boy in a suit huh?" he told them, tears managing to slip underneath his mask. Cyborg stepped forward and hugged him. "You're the best'just a boy in a suit' I know," he said making Robin chuckle sadly.  "You guys go enjoy your day. I have case files to work on." Robin insisted. 

"Then we'll help. Beats being out there. I'm pretty sure I have a sunburn," Beast Boy complained. Raven rolled her eyes as they laughed. "Fine, but you know your alphabet right?" 

"On second thought, I'll go get changed." Robin rolled his eyes and smirked to himself. 

Starfire and Cyborg walked past him, leaving Raven staring at him. "What's wrong?" he asked worriedly. "I've been in your mind and let me tell you, you're not just a boy. You've been through trauma none of us will come to understand, so don't be scared of showing the markings along the way." She told him grabbing his wrist. She had noticed the straight lines that definitely weren't from torture. At least, not from any torture she knew of. "This isn't how you deal with the pain. You have friends here Robin, don't forget that." Robin was clearly shaken by her words yet grateful to hear it.  "Thanks, Rae, nobody's really talked to me about this before. Bats wasn't one for things outside of work. " Raven smiled a rare smile. 

"I know what it can feel like, never done it myself but I've never needed to. You don't either so if you ever feel like that then come see me. Got it?" He nodded and hugged her a little 

"Got it."