Emotional dump yEET

Snow day finally! Time to make fanfic

Dick was becoming frustrated. He wanted to work on his relationship with Bruce but every time he invited him somewhere, he wasn't alone. His family took it as an invitation for everyone. Don't get him wrong, Dick loved seeing his family even when they just fought with each other half the time. But Dick needed to work on a relationship with his Dad and they weren't helping. It was time for him to concentrate on himself. He tried again, asking Bruce to an arcade Dick went to wind down. Once again, his family took this as an invitation for everyone.

After watching Tim win millions of tickets due to his math skills and Jason hit himself in the face with a hammer because he was trying to impress two girls, he decided to ditch this. There was no way to get his Dad back. He was always concentrated on the others. Dick didn't like it but he felt jealous of his brothers. They were almost always in trouble which meant they got the attention. He accepted he was just going to have a bad relationship with Bruce forever. As long as it didn't ruin his work, he could deal with that. It was easy to slip away from the group and make his way back home. He walked into his apartment, grabbed a pillow and screamed into it. "I should probably stop doing that," he muttered, feeling his voice getting hoarse. Dick plopped down on the couch and turned on the TV. Some stupid show about real housewives in Sydney came up so he just sat back and watched it.

About thirty minutes later, he got a phone call from Bruce. "Hi we're gonna head off now, Damian threatened to shove a kid's fidget spinner down their throat. Where are you?" Dick gritted his teeth angrily. "I left half an hour ago."

"You're joking right?" Bruce asked nervously. He couldn't have not noticed Dick leave. 

"No, I'm not. Great parenting Bruce," he answered bitterly. 

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah, you sound it. You know, I'm done trying this with you. You're never satisfied spending time with me anymore and I've been trying for so long. I'm tired, Bruce. I'm sorry for whatever I did to make you hate me like this but I'm done trying. It's your turn." He hung up and threw his phone back on the couch. Bruce removed the phone from his ear and sighed. "So where is he?" Tim asked. "Damian's five seconds away from killing someone," he added. 

"He met an old friend from his college days and said he's going to go out with her later," Bruce lied. They didn't need to know about the situation with Dick. "Yeah an 'old friend'," Jason commented, winking at Tim. Damian suddenly joined them, "Father it would be best to leave now."

"What did you do?" Bruce replied. He pointed to two boys now laying on the floor groaning in pain. Bruce sighed again and speed walked out with his family following quickly. Alfred pulled up in the limo but Bruce didn't get in. "Going somewhere, Bruce?" Tim asked. 

"I've got to pick up something. You guys get home safely." They nodded and closed the limo door. He watched the vehicle drive off and tried to call Dick again. He didn't pick up. "Come on Dick," he muttered, trying again as he walked to his apartment.

Bruce wasn't naive to his relationship with Dick breaking down. He would be stupid not to. But his approach was different from his son's. When Dick invited him places, he was worried it would be awkward so he brought everyone. Clearly, that wasn't working. He had to have a one to one with Dick. He had to show he cared about his first son as much as he cared about the others. Bruce got to Dick's apartment and knocked on the door. It didn't open. He knocked again. Nothing. A sudden worried pain hit Bruce in the chest. What if Dick was gone again? That fear had always been instilled with him from the first time he ever ran away. He couldn't lose him again. He couldn't take the worry, the anxiety and many more feelings that came with it like a shitty loot crate again. He ended up breaking down the door. Dick wasn't packing his bags he was crying on his couch. It was a cry of frustration and despair. "Bruce, what the hell are you doing in my here?" Dick shouted, getting off the couch angrily. "And you broke my door! I'm not made of money you know!"

"You weren't answering! I thought you left and I couldn't lose you again," Bruce protested. Dick wiped a few tears that stuck his cheeks off. "Like you ever tried to get me back."

There was silence between them. "I get I'm not the baby anymore, I can't have your full attention but I need a little bit of it. I shouldn't have to get hurt or ill to get that!" he started to cry again. "I want my Dad back! I don't want to fight for your attention anymore," he replied. Bruce went to hug him but Dick flinched away. He didn't want him to just hug and be done with it. This wasn't a hug and makeup situation. "You never forgave me for running away and I know it. I fucked up but so did you."

"I forgave you as soon as you came back it's just with us being so tense around each other and your brothers-"

"There you go again! I'm not talking about my brothers I'm talking about me! They don't need to fight for your attention, I have to! They snap their fingers and you're by their side within a second!" He sighed and directed his eyes at the floor. "Speed up the process and forget about me already."

"I would never forget about you!" Bruce defended. 

"But you're starting to! I'm the one who calls nearly every hour making sure you're all alright! You called once this month only to ask me to babysit Damian!" Bruce's fingers curled up tightly. "Really? You think I don't check up on you? I call your police station every time I hear you're going out! I check security systems for so much of a glimpse of you hurt! Your teammates are sick of me calling to check up!" he yelled. Dick was stunned. He did all that? "I may not show it but I care a whole lot about you! You were the first child I'd ever had and I'm sorry if I did something wrong! I didn't know any better." They stared at each other. That's all they could do. Bruce was silenced by his own frustration and Dick was silenced by his guilt.

Dick made his way to the couch and sat down, putting his head in his hands. "I ask for a lot don't I?" he said. 

"You don't. I'm just used to showing love secretly nowadays," Bruce admitted, sitting next to his son. "I'm not that bad of a Dad am I?" Dick darted his eyes to him. 

"Fuck no. We would all be God knows where without you. I, for one, would either be in a street gang or dead," he said, chuckling darkly. 

"I only brought the boys because I don't want things to be awkward," Bruce told him. Dick smiled a little. "That kinda makes sense. Wanna try again some time? Without everyone else," Dick reminded him. "Deal. Are you staying here tonight?" He gave Bruce a blank look. 

"You knocked down my door. If I so much as blinked half my stuff would be gone." Bruce laughed and went to fix the door.

Lil baby bonus I thought was funny

"I thought this was a good neighbourhood," Bruce said as he began to screw the door back in. 

"I didn't have a lot of money after college to go somewhere better and I got too lazy to move once I joined the police force," Dick explained.

"Where did all your money go after college? You had loads from what I remember."

"Oh the strip joint where I worked closed down," Dick explained. Bruce stopped immediately and turned to his son. "As a bartender?" 

"Yeah, as a bartender," he replied, blushing a bit. 

"You were a stripper!" his father roared. 

"College is expensive and I have a great body!"