Sick bugs

I've had this idea for a while and I thought it'd be cute or something similar to that. Again I own zlich of these characters also this is an AU where Robin and Wally are going out. I'm a birdflash fan, don't judge. Onwards with the dribble!!!

It was a cold winter's day when the team went out for their mission. The snow made the stake out a little harder to with-stand but it seemed only Robin wasn't affected as the next day everyone except the Boy Wonder got a bad cold. Being the guy he was, he stayed at the mountain and took care of them all.

Wally told Barry and Barry seemed excited for it in a way. Ever since he found out that Wally and Dick had been going out, he spent nearly every waking moment trying to get them to hang out more. Wally found it annoying but Dick made it bearable. As always. Bruce allowed Dick to take care of them as he and Alfred would be travelling that month to a very important business meeting. Secretly, he had been talking with Barry about letting the pair hang out more. Although he wouldn't show it, Bruce was happy that Dick was dating Wally. That way Bruce could destroy the kid if he did anything and blame it on a villain. Artemis' mum allowed her to stay at the cave because it kept her out of trouble during the winter holidays.

Dick had brought in blankets for them all and started on making soup. He had a knack for looking after people, a quality he assumed he got from his mother. Would she be proud of him now or angry? Probably a mixture of both. He'd gradually felt worse throughout the day but he was sure as hell not going to tell his teammates.

"Robbbbb I'mmm hungryyy," Wally whined, his voice tainted by his snotty nose.

"Shut it Baywatch," Artemis growled angrily. 

"If you have something now you can't have dessert," Robin replied from the kitchen. "Why can't I have both?" Wally asked whilst pouting.

"Why can't I have a less whiny boyfriend?" Robin joked. M'gann laughed a little along with Kaldur. Connor just smiled, Artemis following suit. "Urghhhh you're so mean to me," Wally complained. "Really? If I was mean to you Barry would've killed me by now," Robin replied. Wally chuckled a little. Even though he was stuck with his sickly teammates, Robin still had a sense of humor.

"How come you didn't get ill?" M'gann asked, snuggling up to Connor.

 "Strong immune system I guess? I've had to do patrols in colder weather when I was younger," Robin explained, pouring the soup into bowls. Okay so maybe he did get a little sick and had taken a couple of tablets before but that didn't mean anything. "Jeez you sound like a fifty year old veteran sometimes," Wally teased. Robin laughed a little and passed the bowls around. "Make it thirteen," he corrected, kissing his lover on the cheek. Wally smirked and rolled his eyes. "Who would've thought I'd be looked after by a thirteen year old idiot?" Artemis asked. Robin rolled his eyes.

"Thirteen is young right?" Connor asked. They nodded. 

"Why do you ask?" Robin replied.

"It's weird for you to be looking after us yet it isn't weird for you to beat up criminals?" Connor pointed out. "It's also weird to finish a bowl of soup in five seconds yet Wally seems to do it," Robin joked. Wally playfully hit him in the shoulder. "You're lucky I love you," he said. Robin blushed a little but his pale skin made it worse than it actually was. "Walls stop, you'll make me look like a tomato," Robin said embarrassed.

After they had all eaten, Robin checked their temperatures and gave them medicine; sneaking some for himself. This headache he'd gained was not going away. He sat down beside his boyfriend and let Wally snuggle up close. The rest had gone to bed shortly after getting medicine so it was just them two. "You feeling any better?" Robin asked. He sounded tired. Wally looked up and nodded. "Thanks to you. Are you sure you won't get ill?" Wally answered. 

"Positively," Robin replied. Wally sat up and stared into the dark sunglasses that hid Robin's eyes. "Then I can do this~" Wally whispered before gently kissing Robin on the lips. Robin blushed madly but kissed back.

They pulled apart and smiled at one another. "I love you," Wally said.

"I love you too. Now you need to go to bed." Robin picked up Wally as he complained. Sure he felt a little weak but Wally wasn't that heavy for him to carry bridal style. "But I'm not even tired!"

"Well I am," Robin replied. Wally looked at him oddly. 

"But you hardly ever get tired. Are you feeling alright?" he asked once they entered his room. "Yeah, yeah. Just a little headache. Probably got it from you whining the whole day," Robin answered placing Wally on his bed. His body felt weak and his head was spinning. Wally must've noticed as he got off his bed and wrapped an arm around Robin. "Rob, you'd tell me if you're sick right?" Wally asked. 

"Obviously. Go get some sleep, I can manage the long dangerous journey to my room," Robin answered sarcastically. Wally tutted and got into bed. "Night babe," he said.

"Night Walls."

On the way to his room, the hallway began to spin for Robin. He put a hand on the wall for reassurance and grabbed his head. Maybe this wasn't just a headache. He felt hot and weak which was a hated feeling. Robin managed to get into his room and collapsed onto his bed. Hopefully he could just sleep it off or something.

Wally woke up energetic and happy. His symptoms seemed to have lessened and he could jump up without pain. He loved his fast immune system. "Finally," he muttered getting dressed into a red shirt and jeans. He went to the kitchen where M'gann was making breakfast for Connor and Artemis. "Where's Kaldur and Rob?" Wally asked sitting at the breakfast bar. 

"Kaldur went back to Atlantis and we haven't seen Robin yet," M'gann answered. "Come to think of it he should be up by now. You don't think he got ill from looking after us?" she added with a little concern. "I'll go get him," Wally announced before whizzing away.

He came to Robin's door and knocked lightly. "Babe, you awake?" he asked. A groan was his answer. Worried, he opened the door and saw Robin on top of the covers trembling. "Are you alright?" he asked running over to him. Robin opened his eyes a little and saw the faint outline of Wally. "Wally?" he groaned. A rash covered his arms and chest, concerning Wally greatly. "Dude, you look terrible," he replied putting a hand on Robin's forehead. It was burning hot. "Jeez, what do I do?" Wally muttered. 

"It's... fine," Robin replied weakly. 

"Erm, I know Barry will know what to do. He's basically a doctor," Wally thought aloud.

He sat on the bed beside Robin and called his uncle. "Barry, Dick got sick and I think it's worse than any of us. Can you come down here?" Wally asked, stroking Robin's hair. 

"I'll be there soon, tell me some of his symptoms so I have an idea," Barry replied. "He's got a rash and fever. Does anything hurt Dickie?" he asked. 

"Neck, throat," Dick replied.

"Add a sore neck and throat to that as well."

"Sounds like he has mono. No kissing him till I get there, alright?" Barry asked. Wally blushed in embarrassment and agreed. "Help is coming Dickie. Looks like I'll have to look after you for a bit," Wally informed him. 

"May as well... Kill me now," Dick teased. Wally laughed and kept stroking his boyfriend's hair. "You were feeling ill last night, weren't you?" Wally asked. Dick nodded with a faint smile on his face. "Dick, why do you do this? Being ill isn't that bad," Wally complained. Dick tried to hide everything that hurt him physically and mentally from him and it was more than worrying. What if this wasn't mono but something more serious? What if they were on a mission and he got freaking stabbed!

"Don't wanna look... weak," Dick admitted. 

"Dude, you confuse me so much," Wally replied irritated.  

"I'm sorry," Dick said faintly.

"Dickie don't be sorry. I just need to be more persistent when I think something's wrong," Wally replied. He held Dick's hand. "I love ya... no matter what... you know?" Dick reminded him.

 "I know. But I love you more," Wally taunted.