A day out with Dick Grayson

Authors note: Hi, so if you're wondering who that guy is he's the voice actor for Damian Wayne. It's completely off topic but hey I'm always off topic. Anyways enjoy this unplanned story!

EDIT: TW FOR OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE

https://www.bullying.co.uk/

https://www.nationalbullyinghelpline.co.uk/contact.html

https://www.cybersmile.org/advice-help/category/who-to-call

The team had never gone anywhere with Dick Grayson before. Sure they knew Robin was Dick and they hung out a lot but there would always be that difference. Robin was somehow different to Dick. He was outgoing, cocky and confident all the time. Yet Dick was quiet and kept himself to himself. He shunned the media attention people, such as Wally, craved. It was something the team didn't really know how to feel about. They were both so different yet alike considering they were the same people. So when Dick asked them to hang around Gotham outside of hero duties they took the chance to learn more about them.

Dick arrived at lunch time. He wore dark clothes and red sneakers. He stuck out like a sore thumb in the group as they all wore bright colors, even Connor on this occasion. "Are you ready to go to Gotham?" he asked them happily. 

"Yes! I've never been before, what's it like?" M'gann asked cheerfully.

"Gloomy like Bats," Wally answered. Dick chuckled a little.

 "Most of the time, but today it's unusually sunny," he said. 

 "Then what are we waiting for?" Artemis asked impatiently. With that they left.

After a quick tour around, Dick stopped at a old park. It was completely deserted but he liked it that way. He couldn't risk someone from school seeing him. "Dude, this place is completely deserted, can't we go somewhere with some eye candy?" Wally asked, receiving a light hearted punch from his girlfriend. "Erm I.. it's cooler here. This is my favorite hang out spot," Dick replied. They didn't need to know his real reasoning. "Well I think it's cute, rustic even," M'gann said, sitting on an old swing set. Dick smiled, "I used to come here every day after I moved in with Bruce." Dick stated sitting on the swing beside M'gann.

 "Why did you stop going?" Kaldur asked perching himself on the jungle gym. 

"A bad experience. But it doesn't matter because Bruce made this private for me," Dick answered swinging on the swing. "Wait, this is where you took me when we first hung out as kids! God this place has changed a lot," Wally exclaimed. Dick smiled and nodded.

"Dick, is there a reason your two personas are so different?" Connor asked out of the blue. He successfully caught him off guard. "W-what do you mean?" Dick asked in surprise. 

 "Robin is confident yet Dick is shy. Is there a reason for it?" The clone continued. Dick scratched the back of his neck nervously. "W-well err-"

"Hey look it's the gyspy freak!" Some kid shouted, interrupting Dick. The team turned to see a group of boys that went to Artemis and Dick's school. They sneered at Dick, making him hold his arms and look away. "Aww, what's wrong? Did you not expect to see us here at your freak park? What are you gonna cry like you cried about your parents?" A boy taunted. M'gann gasped at their insult and glanced at Dick. He just stood up and ran out the park. No explanation, no talking, nothing.

Artemis and Kaldur walked up to the group. They were taller than the boys by about a foot and wore fear striking expressions. "I'd run if I were you," Artemis warned. Although most of the boys were willing to take the suggestion, one decided to step up to her. "Why should we blondie?" he asked. "Because you've angered that guy over there," she paused and pointed to a very angry Connor. The boy visibly shrunk back. "And I'll tell you now, he doesn't play nice." That was enough to send the boys packing. "Let's go find Dick," Kaldur ordered.

It took an hour to find Batman's protégé. He was on a roof top, sitting on the ledge like he would do if he was on patrol. Dick was safe up here and Robin was at home. The two parts of him were somewhat happy in that moment. The team weren't meant to see that but then again, the team weren't meant to know his secret ID. Funny how life did that. He was pulled out of his thoughts by someone's arms wrapping around him. "Dick, you had us frightened there," M'gann said. She sounded worried yet relieved. "Oh sorry. I should've told you where I was going," he replied awkwardly. "Do they do that often?" Artemis asked. Dick nodded. 

"You'd think I'd be used to it by now, huh?" He answered, laughing at himself whilst tearing up. "But what can you expect from a gyspy freak?" The tears trailed down his face and he wasn't going to wipe them away.

"Is this the reason Robin is so different from Dick?" Kaldur asked sitting beside the team's youngest member. "As Robin everybody loves me, they care about me. But when I'm Dick Grayson, everyone hates me and tell me I'm just a freak. Dick watched his parents die and gets bullied for it but Robin, he's felt no greater pain other than physically. Robin represents who I'm really not and I like that. I like how different we are and how I feel when I'm him," Dick explained. "But when I'm Kid Flash I'm still Wally. How can you be so different?" Wally asked. 

"We're different because Robin doesn't stay inside due to being too afraid of the outside world. Too afraid to face the people that tell him to die on the internet for cheap laughs. Sure the media follows him around but they praise him and his work. What the media does to Dick is make him look like a charity case." 

"That's why? Dick, you and Robin should be the same. You shouldn't separate yourself like this," M'gann said. She was still hugging him. "You guys don't understand and I never expected you to. So here's the simplest way I can put it. Dick is broken but Robin is fixed. They are different because of who they are and what they do. I don't intend on changing my personas. If it was up to me, Dick would never exist."

They got their answer. It didn't matter if they accepted it. Dick had just poured his heart out just for their sake. That was enough for them. So they sat on that roof top for hours, chatting a little. This wasn't the day they had expected at all but it was great non the less.