Grief sucks

EDIT: TW CHARACTER DEATH

Beast Boy had been gone all day. The Teen Titans were worried and didn't know what to do. They began to search the city but Robin knew exactly where to look. Terra's statue loomed over the green teen as he stared at her features. She'd been gone for a little over a week but it still hurt like it just happened. Tears slipped down his face as he fiddled with the dirt in front of him. The team didn't know how he felt. How could they? He was better off just sitting there till he felt the need to go back.

"I knew you'd be here," Robin's voice announced. Beast Boy whipped around and stood up, angry at his leader not only knowing where he was but showing up. "Leave me alone," he told him sternly. Robin stayed but gave him a soft smile. "What's wrong with you? Don't you know what I mean when I say leave me alone?"

"I want to help you Beast Boy, this isn't healthy."

Beast Boy didn't care, "Robin go! I don't want you here!" Robin sighed but stayed calm, he knew Beast Boy better than the teen did. "How about we compromise? If you let me help you then I'll do something you want." Beast Boy couldn't help but feel curious. 

"Anything?" he questioned, slowly sitting back down. 

"Anything."

A few moments of silence passed before Beast Boy decided on what he wanted. "Take off your mask." he stated. Robin was a little taken aback at first. He'd always worn his mask ever since he met the Titans. They knew him as Robin and nothing more. "Take it off or leave me alone." Beast Boy told him sharply. The raven haired teen held his breath a little and took off his mask. His bright blue eyes shone in the dim light, catching Beast Boy's attention. "Y-you did it?" he asked in disbelief. Robin smiled and sat beside him. "Terra was a great girl wasn't she?" he commented looking up at the statue. Beast Boy nodded quietly. "I know you feel bad about letting her go but she died a hero. You can't stay in this slump forever," he continued. 

"Yes I can! I'm never going to let her go because if I- if I," he stopped due to choking on his tears. "Because you feel that if you let her go you'll forget and everyone around you will too," Robin finished, giving the younger boy an encouraging smile. Beast Boy nodded. How could Robin know how he felt? "Have you lost someone?" Beast Boy asked, his voice cracking. It was the only way he could've known. "Yes. I've lost a lot of people I really cared about," he answered. 

Without his mask, Beast Boy could see his eyes tearing up. "A girlfriend? Boyfriend?"

"Family." Robin stated simply. Beast Boy raised an eyebrow. 

"A family member?" He shook his head sadly.

"I lost my entire family so I know a bit too much about grief, if that's why you asked."

He stood up and held out his hand. "Grief is more bearable with friends, trust me, and I'm sure I can take on your workload for a month or so." The younger hesitated. "You won't forget her you know? That's impossible." For the first time since Terra died, Beast Boy smiled. He grabbed Robin's hand and got up. "Robin?" he asked shyly. Said teen hummed in recognition. "Thank you." Robin smiled at him. 

"No worries BB. Now let's get you home, the other Titans are worried sick about you."