Panic at the ball

Sorry this ain't an update to the I don't know fam story. *Dodges bullets* those better be rubber. Anyways I thought this would be a cute birdflash one.

EDIT: TW BLOOD/INJURY

Dick hated these charity balls. Everyone was stuck up and resented him for being who he was. So what he was a Romani acrobat, he wasn't going to kill them with one touch. But at least his friends and boyfriend were here this time. He was at the side of the dance floor, wishing he could be like Roy and drink himself into having a good time. There had been many threats against him so his team had to look after him. "Hello Richard Grayson," Kid Flash greeted in a posh accent. Dick turned and smiled. Artemis, Aqualad, Superboy and Miss Martian waved at him from behind Kid Flash. "Why do we have to wear these again?" Superboy asked, pulling at his shirt collar. They were all wearing suits or gowns and only Miss M looked comfortable. "You have to fit in with these stuffs, that's why," Dick replied a little saltily (👌👌). They could all tell he was uncomfortable, which was rare for the Boy Wonder. They looked around and instantly noticed the disgusted looks aimed at Dick by nearly everyone there. "What's with them?" Artemis asked. Dick looked down in shame, frowning to himself. "You know why. I'm adopted and from the circus, double whammy." he answered. Kid Flash frowned and put a pinky around Dick's, trying to comfort him. Dick smiled at him, slightly blushing. "Well they're missing out," he told him with a smile, making Dick blush even more.

The party went on and the team socialized. Kid Flash flirted with Dick more and more, making him blush wildly. "You wanna dance?" Kid Flash asked, now fully holding his boyfriend's hand. "Not really, I don't need even more attention drawn to my gay ass," he replied with a small giggle. "Oh my God, just go with him!" Artemis exclaimed. Kid Flash dragged Dick onto the dance floor. "KF, I don't think this is the best idea," he said, glancing at the disapproving faces. "Hey, eyes on me not them," Kid Flash replied. He put a hand on Dick's waist then held his hand.

Bruce withheld a grin from across the room as he watched them; his little boy was growing up. He quickly pulled out his phone and filmed it on behalf of the league. "O-okay," Dick stuttered. He put his hand on Kid Flash's shoulder as he tried to ignore the looks. "You're so tense, what's up?" Kid Flash asked. They were now dancing together with the team shooting heart stopping glares at anyone who tried to break the couple up. They'd been waiting for this ship to sail for ages and no stuck up rich person was going to ruin it. "I'm tense because there have been ten threats on my life, I've been kidnapped twice this month and five people have said that I should've been sold into slavery," he replied. The ginger gasped a little at how blunt his answer was. Then he thought of something and smiled. "You know, we haven't had our first public kiss yet." Dick shook his head, his eyes wide. Kid Flash leaned in and kissed him in front of everyone. Dick ended the kiss abruptly and covered his mouth, feeling the looks of contempt. "I'm so sorry," he whispered before running away. He couldn't deal with the stares. 

"Dick wait!"

The team and Bruce stormed over to Kid Flash. "What the hell were you thinking? He isn't ready for this to be public yet!" Bruce told him angrily. He bit his lip nervously. 

"I'm sorry! He was just so upset and I thought it'd help! I'm lustful, what can I say?" They collectively face palmed. "I'm sorry."

"You're apologizing to the wrong person. We have to find him before somebody else does." Aqualad replied gravely. 

Dick ran outside and sat on the fountain side. He looked at his reflection in the dark waters and sighed. "Idiot," he muttered, looking away. It wasn't like he didn't want to kiss him, hell he wanted to kiss him all the time, but he just wasn't ready for other people to know about them. He hoped he didn't hate him for running off. There was a twig snap behind him, making him whip around. "Hello?" he asked. "KF? Look I know I shouldn't have run off but I just wasn't ready. You understand right?" he added. He heard footsteps coming from all directions and began to panic. Hands grabbed him then put a rag over his mouth. Dick kicked and punched but it wasn't enough. He fell into unconsciousness.

They ran out to find Dick being shoved into a van, his body limp. "Richard!" Kid Flash yelled, gaining the attention of the men. They turned, one of them putting a gun to Dick's head. "If any of you follow us, he's dead." They stated before driving off.

"Fuck! What the frickity-frack do we do? They're gonna kill him!" Kid Flash panicked. 

"It's okay, we're gonna get him back," Miss Martian assured him but he was already speaking in lightening fast sentences. "KF, get a hold of yourself!" Aqualad ordered. "Knowing Richard he has a tracker on him that's connected to the Batcave somehow. We can use that to track him but panicking won't help." Kid Flash nodded and calmed down. 

"Okay, you're right, Aqualad. Dick has a tracking device implanted in his left wrist. Bruce, you should be able to pick up on his signal as long as he's on Earth." he nodded. "Hang in there Dickie."

Bruce found the signal and gave them the coordinates. That wasn't before he scolded them for not looking after Dick. He was in an abandoned mental hospital on the outside of Gotham. "We're lucky he wasn't taken by a major villain," Kid Flash commented in the bio-ship. They stayed silent for a moment, the tension growing. "Come on guys, I can't be calm if you're all deathly silent," he complained. "Wally, we're just preparing ourselves and you should too," Artemis explained. "He's going to be fine though, right? He's Richard Grayson, the Boy Wonder himself." They awkwardly looked away. "It'll be okay." Miss Martian was about to say something when the monitor started beeping to show they had arrived. They landed and began to raid the decaying building.

When Dick woke up, he was tied to a chair with men surrounding him. "Hello there Richard," a gruff man greeted with an evil smirk. "I go by Dick. Care to tell me why I'm here?" he asked. The man patted a metal bat in his hand. "We're having fun with you until Daddy pays up," they replied, striking Dick in the jaw. He fell to the side making it all the easier to hit him. Blood splattered on his white shirt and the bat. "Want to hit me any harder, jack ass?" Dick joked before getting the wind knocked out of him. "Smart mouth." Dick grinned at him. 

"I'm a smart kid." Another hit.

Kid Flash ran into the building frantically trying to find his boyfriend. Superboy was sent after him and barely kept up. He turned into a room and gasped violently. Dick was being beaten to a pulp. "Get away from him!" he yelled. Superboy began to fend off the men and Kid Flash ran to Dick's side. "Dickie, are you alright?"

"Read the room here, I was just being beaten up so I'm probably not alright." Dick said with a smile.  "Shut up!" Kid Flash untied him and picked him up. Dick wrapped his arms around his neck with a grin. "Anything broken babe?" 

"Think I've got a fractured jaw at the most," he replied. "Look, I'm sorry about before. It's not like I didn't want to." Kid Flash sighed. 

"I love you," he said. Dick blushed wildly as the rest caught up. 

"Say it back, say it back," Miss Martian whispered excitedly. Artemis smiled and even Superboy was awaiting Dick's answer anxiously whilst Aqualad just grinned at the pairing.

"Wally, I love you too," Dick answered. 

"Y-you said it," he whispered. Dick rolled his eyes and bit his lip. 

"You wanna try that kiss again?" he asked.

"I would love to," Kid Flash replied with a smirk. He pulled Dick in and kissed his gently, as to not aggravate his jaw. "Finally!" The two girls yelled. Dick turned around and now noticed the grinning team. "Oh God."