Chapter 87

Charlie POV

"Positive" the test read and my heart skipped a beat. The IVF took? The doctors words suddenly repeated in my head

Flashback

"There is a high chance of miscarriage due to your prior history with anorexia." The doctor spoke and I nodded, beginning to worry.

End of flashback

I began to panic. I'm gonna miscarry. There's no way I'll be able to carry this baby to term. Slowly I began to spiral, thinking about what Taylor would do if I miscarried. "She'd be crushed" I thought to myself. My breathing picked up and soon I was in a full blown panic attack, positive pregnancy test next to me. Sobs wracked my body, and before I knew it I heard a startled gasp. Glancing up I saw Andrea. She reached out to touch my shoulder and I slapped her hand away before continuing to panic. "You've got to breathe dear." She gently commanded and I followed her exaggerated breathing, calming down 20 minutes later. "Did the IVF work? Is this-is it yours?" my fiancé's mom questioned, holding up the pregnancy test. "Yes. I don't think I'll carry to term. I don't wanna tell Taylor. If I miscarry it'll break her." My soon to be mother in law looked confused and a bit saddened but nodded anyway. "Okay dear. Don't wait too long to tell her." "I-I'll tell her at the wedding. After." I confirmed, clenching my hands to calm down the shaking. The test still laid, strewn haphazardly on the floor from my panic attack. "Teffy is on her way home now dear. Go get cleaned up, I'll put the test somewhere in my room. Take out the bathroom trash too Hun." My heart skipped a beat as I scrambled up and went to the bathroom, taking out the trash before washing my face and redoing my makeup, just in time for Taylor to get home. "Hi baby!" She smiled brightly and pecked my lips from my spot on a beanbag. "Hi my beautiful fiancé. How was the studio?" I questioned as I watched her unload Meredith from the cat backpack she had. "It was amazing. Ed and I were recording some, and he decided to post a picture of him and Mere and you would not believe how crazy the fans went. I actually recorded a song the fans have been after me for." I tilted my head curiously "And what would that be darling?" Taylor's face lit up "I recorded Need. But guess what! I changed the title so they aren't gonna know that it's Need until they listen to it. I changed up some lyrics too, but it's pretty much the same song. I may or may not have added in some details about you." My beautiful fiancé smirked and I blushed. God I love her. And our little family.

Hi! I know I know, it's fucking shitty. But this is to tide you guys over until I finish off this book and move on to the sequel WHICH IM SO EXCITED FORRRRR. Happy holidays guys! Suggestions? Opinions?

-Brooklyn