Chapter 74

Taylor POV

"Hey baby, I wanna talk to you about something." My girlfriend spoke up from her spot next to me on my childhood bed. "What's up love?" "I don't think I can go back to the tour. I still wanna travel with you guys and stuff but...." She trailed and gestured to the tube taped onto her face. I nodded and grabbed her hand "That's okay darling. I'm uh, I'm taking off a few more shows. I'm not ready to face them yet after what happened during tolerate it." I spoke a little embarrassed that I hadn't fixed myself yet. After all it's stupid that I passed out anyway. Charlie reached over to me and cupped my face, bringing me in for a kiss. The kiss deepened and a few moments after I'd moved to straddle Charlie's lap I heard a startled gasp making my girl and I break apart instantly. "Okay I have no qualms to letting you both stay here because you guys need a support system right now but we have seriously got to talk about making out in Taylor's childhood bedroom!" My mom exclaimed from my door making me blush a little. "Sorry Ms. Swift." Charlie chuckled when I hid my face against her. "Charlie dear why did you lapse into calling me Ms. Swift? Please it makes me feel old." My mom spoke from the doorway which made us all laugh a bit. She left a few moments later, my face still beet red and hidden against Charlie. We lapsed into a comfortable silence against each other as my hand made its way under her hoodie, feeling her pultruding ribs. Silently tugging on the hoodie asking for permission to take it off she agreed but when I pulled it off I saw fresh cuts on both her arms. When Charlie saw where my eyes had landed she pressed her arms against her bare chest, not managing to hide the pained wince as she tried to hide the cuts from me. "Babygirl let me see them, I think some might be infected. It's ok angel I'm not mad." I reassured and gently pulled her thin arms from her stomach so I could look. Sure enough she had 2 nasty ones, each swollen and hot to the touch. "Baby how long have these been like this?" I questioned as I cleaned them best I could without causing too much pain. "Ow Tay baby stop. They've been like this a few weeks okay? I went a little too deep and I forgot how you usually help me clean them so I just stopped the bleeding and hoped they didn't get infected. Clearly that failed." She sighed and a tear ran down her cheek. "Oh angel I'm sorry I'll be done in just a minute. Squeeze him okay?" I giggled and handed her a stuffed cat from my bed. A small smile made its way to her face and she took the stuffie, holding it tightly as I cleaned the cuts. "I'm so so sorry I didn't notice. That I just let you leave. I'm so sorry baby." I told the girl now next to me on my childhood bed.

Hi! I know things might not make a lot of sense with Taylor technically touring in this book but whenever I reference her being in a house she's either in her childhood home in Nashville or in one of her own houses. Suggestions? Opinions?

-Brooklyn