Chapter 80

Another sad comfort scene bc I am not in the best place right now

Charlie POV

Shaking Taylor's shoulder I heard her mumble quietly. "Baby, please." I begged, tears rolling down my cheeks. At that she practically sprung up and upon seeing the state I was in instantly turned on the light and opened up her arms, allowing me to crash into them. "Sweetheart, what happened? What's wrong?" She kept questioning and all I could manage is a quiet whimper. "Shh okay love, I need you to breathe baby. In" Taylor directed, placing my hand on her chest. I followed best I could "Out." I felt my breathing regulate a bit. "Good job lovely. C'mon, can you tell me what happened?" I didn't want to tell her. She would be disappointed. Subconsciously I looked down at my hoodie sleeve and she knew instantly. "Oh darling it's okay. C'mon my love" she spoke gently, intertwining our fingers and attempting to lead me to the bathroom. "No no no." I began to panic again. What if Andrea hears us? What if she walks in? "Sweetheart, why are you so worried?" Taylor asked and I shook my head. "Your mom what if" I said quietly "what if she hears us? What if she walks in?" Tay stifled a chuckle "hun, she knows about your self harm and believe me, she would never judge you for it. But regardless, once she's asleep that woman is dead to the world." I nodded and still, unsure, followed Taylor out and into the bathroom. "I'll be right back baby, I gotta get the first aid kit. Can you give me whatever you used?" My girlfriend snapped me out of whatever trance I was in as she gently stroked my cheek to wipe away the remaining tears. Digging into my pocket I pulled out a small pocket knife and handed it over. "I'm so proud of you. I'll be right back, okay?" I nodded and Taylor left the room. Turning around I looked in the mirror, not recognizing the woman who stared back. My hair was quite frankly a mess, eyes puffy, an oversized hoodie pulled haphazardly over the tanktop I had fallen asleep in, and sleep shorts that had been Taylor's when she was a teenager. My feeding tube was falling off my cheek, though I had no energy to deal with it right now. Spotting a pair of scissors on the table I made a decision before I could over think it. Soon clumps of my hair laid all over the floor, what remained now more like a knotted bob rather than the hair that used to touch my hips. My girlfriend returned a few minutes later, grasping a small cloth container in her hands and she closed the door, directing me to sit on the counter. I obliged, feeling Tay roll my sleeves up carefully, opening the kit and disinfecting the wounds. Despite the tears now unconsciously rolling down my cheeks I made no effort to make her stop, nor did I make a sound, both simply too draining. She seemed to notice my hair but chose not to mention anything, bandaging up the wounds before wrapping me in a hug. "You'll be okay." She whispered into my ear comfortingly, though I didn't believe her.

Hi! I know this is rough but I'm not in a great place right now. Suggestions? Opinions?

-Brooklyn