Chapter 26

If this sucks, I am oh so very sorry
Time skip abt a week-
Charlie POV

I woke up at about 7 AM and slid out of bed, replacing my body with a pillow for Taylor. Making my way downstairs I put on my headphones and played music quietly, beginning to bake. After I'd made Taylor's favorite kind of cake I iced it and decorated it, writing "2 Weeks in recovery babe, congratulations!" And sitting it on the counter. Realistically I didn't expect her to each much of it but I hoped she would eat some. Eventually I forced myself to eat some breakfast, my mind fighting it but also forcing it at the same time. When Taylor came down I saw the shock on her face at me already up and eating breakfast "oh good job baby!" I smiled and pointed to the now covered cake "Open it." I requested and she nodded, her face etched with confusion. As soon as she read the cake she burst into a smile "Thank you angel! I uh, I might not eat a lot of the cake." To which I nodded "don't force it. I'd like you to have at least 1 piece though." "Oh don't worry I will, WAIT is this milk bar?" I smiled brightly "Yep!" Immediately she found a knife and cut a slice for herself. My heart swelled seeing her eat without a second thought, though I on the other hand was having trouble. Trying to do what my therapist had suggested I took my breakfast to the living room and Taylor followed. Turning on a TV show I began to watch it and finish off my cereal, the distraction working well for both Taylor and I. "Thank you my love. I didn't know you when I was 25, how did you know that milk bar is my favorite kind of cake?" I shrugged "Swiftie. And I do my research for a special surprise for my girlfriend" she blushed a little bit and giggled. Then a realization hit her "Wait, what about you?" That's when I sighed. "1 day." I really didn't want to tell her that, that I was having trouble. "I'm really trying though. Jenny is helping. But this is about you, what do you wanna do today?" Taylor shrugged, a mischievous smile appearing on her face "Can we have a horror marathon with some of my friends?" She asked and I nodded "who though?" Taylor pulled out her phone and scrolled through contacts "Selena, maybe Sabrina, probably Gracie. That's probably it. Why?" "I just started thinking, do you want me here? Because then you'll have to come out to all of them as well." Ringing my hands I looked at the shaggy carpet. "Of course I do. I trust all of them. If you'd rather not be here though, your welcome to go out. I would like my friends to meet my little koala though." Taylor spoke, using one of the many nicknames she knew made me flustered. Blushing furiously I shrugged "I'd like to meet them. I just didn't want to overwhelm you with having to do that." Although I did start to panic internally at the thought of what happened last time, "I made cookies." Really?

Hi! Here's this. I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter. For future reference I don't know much about the friends I mentioned😂 just know that they know Taylor. Suggestions? Opinions?

-Brooklyn