Chapter 40

Charlie POV

Whipping my head up I saw a phone, shit. Quickly I got Taylor's attention and she drove off, making the "fan" fall flat on their ass. I was panicking, "do you think they were videoing when we were making out? Oh my god Tay what if they saw my scars, oh my god Taylor. They probably did. Shit. Oh my god that's gonna be all over the internet and everyone's gonna know and" I was hyperventilating now. Taylor had to keep driving which I was aware of but she pulled into a gated house that I'd never seen, leading me to the porch and knocking. When the door opened there stood Selena. "Hey Sel, can we come in?" Taylor rushed out as I was beginning to hyperventilate worse. "Of course oh my god! Do you need anything?" She asked as Taylor lead me to Selena's couch. "2 ice packs if you have em. Or just 2 bags of ice." Selena quickly went to her freezer and got the items. "T-Taylor oh my god they totally saw Tay im scared I can't breathe. Help baby please!" I sobbed, seeing spots cloud my vision slightly. "Angel, breathe with me okay. I need you to trust me, give me your arms, palms up." I did what she asked and felt cold on both wrists. "Breathe with me sweet girl. In, 1234, out 4321 good job baby, let's do it again, in 1234, out 4321 your doing amazing baby, keep doing that. Tell me, what number and I tracing on your palm?" She asked and I knew from previous panic attacks not to look. I felt her calloused fingers begin to trace 2 on my palm. "2?" She smiled "Good babe, good job. 1 more." Taylor traced 13 next, classic. "13?" Taylor nodded "yep your doing great Hun. Just keep taking deep breaths." She coaxed and I did as asked, feeling myself calm down. Once I was breathing normally she took the ice packs and gave them to Selena to put away. Sel sat down a cushion away from me, trying to make sure I still had space. "Charlie? Taylor? What happened?" She asked and I hid my face in Taylor's neck. "Well uh, we were making out in the car and were preoccupied so we didn't notice a fake fan had their phone pressed against the car window, presumably recording us making out. Charlie sweetheart, can I tell her why you got so freaked out?" Taylor asked and I gave a weak thumbs up. "Sel, Charlie has a lot of scars up and down her arms as well as her stomach and hips, all of which were exposed when we were making out. I think my body covered most of it but Charlie's just scared is all. I think I got the persons face in my rear view camera so I'm gonna give that footage to Tree so she can track them down and make them delete it, if they refuse, I sue. Baby girl? I'm gonna have to tell Tree why your so scared. Is that okay sweet girl?" Tay asked and I lifted my head up to nod before putting it back. I could hear the smile in Selena's voice "your such a protective girlfriend. I've never seen you so caring and protective over anybody or anything before. Your arm literally tightened around Charlie when I moved my arm." I would've laughed at that but I had no energy to do so. Fuck this is not a good end to this day.

Hi! This is just here. I had one of the worst days yet this year and I'm worried sick about my best friend. So todays been great😑. I wrote about a panic attack bc I almost had one this morning. Suggestions? Opinions?

-Brooklyn