Chapter 29

Taylor POV

Looking at the food on my plate I wanted to gag. I was acutely aware that Austin was watching me. Charlie squeezed my hand tightly and we both took small bites. I know Mom could tell we were having trouble, silently I begged her not to say a word. After a few struggles bites Austin finally questioned it. "Taylor, your having trouble again aren't you?" I gave a small ashamed nod. I suppose he could tell that I didn't want to talk about it. "So, Charlie how long have you and Taylor been together?" He asked "Almost a month." Her face lit up. "The best almost month of my life." I kissed her cheek, laughing when I left a red lipstick imprint on her face. "Taylor, your an absolute dork." I punched him. Although neither Charlie or I could get more than a quarter through the meal we both decided to be done. When Austin had gone to the living room Mom spoke up "Are you two alright?" I couldn't muster a response, calculating calories in my head "We're alright Andrea, thank you. I think we just need a minute." Charlie managed to explain, though I could sense how upset she was as well. When my mom left I began to cry. "Austin knows..." Normally I would be the strong one but I couldn't hold it in. "I know Tay I know. You did so well." She tried to comfort me. Eventually we went into the living room and I curled into Charlie, my head on her chest as I listened to her heart beat. "So, Charlie what's your favorite thing about Taylor?" Austin questioned. I could feel Charlie's heart rate speed up. Glancing upward I saw her smiling brightly. "Definitely her heart. She's got such a kind heart. And I mean she's stunning, but that's another thing." She smirked when my cheeks darkened. My girlfriend kept up casual conversation with my family, all of them teasing me occasionally over how cuddled I was to Charlie.

Ik its 200 less than usual but I gave you guys an 800 word chapter recently so I feel like that makes up for it. I've got a really busy week ahead and I'm not sure how much time I'll have for updates. Suggestions? What do you guys want to see? Opinions on this?

-Brooklyn