Chapter 12

Someone remind me why school exists?

Taylor POV

While back up dancers did their prep I sat in my hotel room holding a flimsy paper with "Food Rules" written on it. I'd asked Charlie to try her best and the paper was filled front to back. I began to read through, pieces of my heart shattering as I read what went through my beautiful girlfriend's head everyday. I only reached the 10th rule when Charlie came in. Apparently I'd been crying given guilt washed over my girlfriends face "I'm so sorry. Don't cry over me. I don't deserve that." She whispered the last part. Immediately I dropped that paper and hugged her, picking her up and feeling my heart flutter when she koala hugged me. "No baby girl. You deserve everything the world can offer and more. I was crying because I hate whoever made you think this way about yourself. You are quite literally the most stunning girl I've ever seen angel, I just wish you could see yourself how I do." I gently told the girl as she cried. I kissed her lips without another thought, just wanting to make it better. Despite the tears she kissed back, burying her head in my chest after. We stayed like that for a while, Charlie clearly being touch deprived. Eventually she managed to calm down so I used my index finger to lift her chin to meet my eyes. "I'm so sorry my love. You don't deserve to go through this." I whispered and Charlie just whimpered sadly and snuggled into my chest again. Absentmindedly I turned on Greys Anatomy and leaned back against the headboard of my bed. I traced patterns on Charlie's back as she remained against me. Eventually I heard soft snores. I continued to rub up and down her back as she slept, soft gentle snores barely audible over the drama on the TV. We remained that way, even when my mom came in. "Hi sweethear- oh she looks so peaceful. Sorry to intrude"  I shrugged a little "Don't worry, she seems to be a heavy sleeper. What's up?" I proposed and she shrugged "Paula wanted me to tell you that she thinks she can get the undershirt done in about an hour from now. What's this?" My Mom asked, picking up the food rules paper. "Charlie's food rules. There's a lot Momma." "You had a lot too remember? In fact a lot of these are similar to yours." The woman across from me remarked thoughtfully as she read through each rule. Now, thinking, she's not wrong. "Your right. I didn't even realize. The fast food ones especially" now I was thinking. "Woah yeah, that's almost creepy to read. #15 is almost identical." Never eat fast food, regardless of how long you've been fasting was the rule. My Mom stayed with me for a little while, watching Grey's with me. Charlie remained asleep, clearly needing this comfort. Just as my mom left Charlie stirred "Hi sweets. Sleep well?" She blushed "Yeah. Sorry, I needed that." Charlie whispered and I giggled "don't apologize, your my little koala and I love it." now it was Char's turn to giggle as well as blushing more "you like that nickname?" I proposed. She nodded, a little embarrassed. "Don't be embarrassed baby girl. Your my little koala bear." I cooed in her ear. My koala baby.

Hi! Here's this. Sort of a cute mental health chapter idk. Suggestions? Opinions?

-Brooklyn