Chapter 28

Charlie POV

Nervously I fidgeted, preparing to meet Taylor's Dad and brother. "They'll love you. And my moms gonna be there too, you know her." Taylor whispered into my ear and I nodded as she rang the doorbell. Within a few minutes Andrea answered the door. "Hi!" She greeted happily, hugging her daughter and I. "Scott and Austin are in the living room. I told them that you were bringing a guest but left the rest to you." Andrea explained to Taylor. I squeezed her hand tightly and stayed holding her arm as she walked to the room with her dad and brother. "Hey Dad!" Taylor greeted happily and I took a step back, watching the family greet each other. Once everyone was sat down I stayed standing next to Andrea. "So Dad, Austin there's something important I need to tell you. And Mom, I think I have an official label now. I'm bisexual. And the guest I brought is my girlfriend." Scott seemed shocked and Austin held out his hand "20 bucks." "Austin Swift, how dare you bet on your sisters sexuality!" Andrea scolded making me laugh. I stayed in the back of the room until Scott noticed me. "Hello, are you my daughters girlfriend?" He questioned and I nodded, coming to sit by Taylor. "How'd you meet this dork?" Austin asked, Taylor flipping him off "I'm a dancer on her tour." I answered quietly, feeling Taylor's dad judging me. "So, how long have you been dancing?" Scott asked "My entire life. I'm not sure I could live without it." I answered as the room fell into an uncomfortable silence. Andrea attempted to break it "Taylor, why don't you show Charlie around?" Which caused my girlfriend to stand and lead me upstairs. We stayed for a while, her showing me each room and reminiscing in memories. That is till I heard arguing. When Taylor had turned to pet Andrea's dog that she'd brought, I peaked down the stairs to find Scott and Taylor's brother arguing. "ITS A SIN" Scott yelled. Austin yelled back "She's your daughter! It doesn't matter what you believe! You damn well better treat Taylor and her girlfriend the same way you treat me and my girlfriend!" I felt tears rising. Taylor seemed to pick up on the fight, storming downstairs. "Leave my girlfriend alone Dad! She's crying now, happy? I'm going to go upstairs now and if she wants to leave, we're gone. And thank you Austin." She whispered the last part, coming upstairs to me. I was full on balling. She grabbed my hands and lead me to what I assume was her bedroom as a kid. "Do you wanna stay? We can leave anytime. Or kick my dad out." She giggled at the last part. I was struggling to compose myself, trying to not have a panic attack. "I-I'd like to stay. Can I stay upstairs for a while though? I don't wanna see your dad right now." I said honestly and she nodded "Austin and my mom will understand. D'you want me to stay up here for a bit too?" I shrugged, truthfully yes I did want her to stay up here for a bit but I didn't want to keep her from her family. Taylor seemingly read my mind "I'll stay for a bit darling." We stayed together for a while until I'd composed myself, then she went downstairs. A few minutes later I heard a knock. "Come in." My voice shook. Tat's door creaked open, revealing Austin. "Hey, Charlie right?" I nodded and chuckled a little realizing yet again I couldn't seem to introduce myself correctly. "Well if you haven't gathered I'm Austin, Taylor's younger brother. I'm sorry about my dad, he's a bit of an asshole. You okay? Taylor said you were pretty upset." I gave a small nod, busying myself with flipping through a notebook I realized was Taylor's childhood diary. "I'm alright. I heard what you said to your dad; thank you for that. What you said about him treating me like he treats your girlfriend. I appreciate it." I spoke sincerely. He sat down, still keeping a bit of a distance between us. "You seem anxious. What's wrong?" I didn't answer. After a few beats I decided to be honest "I feel bad, being the wedge in Taylor and you guys's Dad's relationship." He nodded, thoughtful. "I can't offer a solution but I can say that my Mom is making food if you'd like to come down and eat some." I gave him a smile, putting away Taylor's diary. I was extremely anxious but knew I needed to be there to help Taylor. Making my way downstairs Scott was nowhere to be seen. When Andrea saw me she hugged me "I'm so very sorry about Scott. I hope you know that Austin and I don't think that way." I gave a nod and hugged back, sitting next to Taylor. I could see her anxiety as we got our plates and sat down. Grabbing her hand I squeezed it three times. This is gonna be a hard meal for both of us.

Hi! Again, the portrayal of Scott in this is for fictional story purposes, I do not know if he is this way irl and am no way implying such. Suggestions? Opinions?

-Brooklyn