Chapter 36

Charlie POV

Crying I struggled to pick up the phone. I knew Taylor was busy plus she'd be disappointed anyway but my mind kept screaming to call her. I called the only other people I could think of, Abigail and Selena. Right after the first ring Selena picked up and Abigail didn't. "What's wrong Char?" She asked and i sniffled. "Taylor's busy and I need someone. Come over please Sel" as soon as the words left my mouth I heard a car start up. "I'm on my way Charlie. Are you safe?" I let out a shaky breath. "I think so. Please just stay on the phone until you get here." I begged, a sob leaving my mouth. "Don't worry sweetheart, of course I will." She continued to talk to me until the doorbell rang. I texted her where the spare key was and soon she arrived in the bathroom. I couldn't look in her eyes. "Oh Charlie sweetheart. Where is the blade?" I handed it to her. I'd gotten it from Taylor's eyeliner sharpener. When Selena put the pieces together where it came from she asked "why didn't you tell Taylor to get liquid liner? She would've yknow." I nodded "I didn't want her to see me that way." Selena nodded thoughtfully and cleaned up the cuts on my wrist. "Thank you for trusting me Charlie. We need to call Taylor and tell her though Char." I gave a small nod "I know. I just can't do it myself." After she taped the gauze on my wrist we went to the kitchen and called Taylor. "Hey Sel! I'm a little busy right now, can I call you back?" I heard my girlfriend ask "No Tay. I'm with Charlie and she needs you right now. She relapsed Taylor." I felt tears leave my eyes at those words. Selena handed me the phone "Tay?" I asked shakily. "Darling, I'm on the way right now. Good job Angel for calling Selena." "Tay I'm sorry." I cried into the phone. "My love your okay I'm not upset. What happened?" "I'll tell you when you get home Taytay. I'm sorry." Tears cascaded down my face in a waterfall. Faster than I thought possible Taylor walked in and hugged me, allowing me to koala her. Openly I sobbed into her shirt. She whispered sweet nothings into my ear, trying to calm me down. Eventually I heard Selena tell Taylor where I got the blade. "She got it from your eyeliner sharpener Tay. You have to get liquid eyeliner. She was afraid to tell you." Taylor said goodbye to Selena before sitting down with me. "Baby girl, why were you scared to tell me to just get liquid eyeliner? I would've, no questions asked; you know that." I sighed, composing myself "I didn't want you to think of me different. You thought I was better. How was I supposed to tell you that I can't even be near the vanity because my mind won't stop telling me to break the sharpener? How was I supposed to explain that for months since I started trying to go clean I've spent hours staring at that damn sharpener thinking of how the blade would feel on my skin? Dreaming of how it would feel!" I sobbed loudly, all the words I'd been trying to string together coming out now.

Hi! Here's a sad chapter. Suggestions? Opinions? Favorite Midnights song? (Mine is Would've Could've Should've)

-Brooklyn