Chapter 50

Charlie POV

My hands were shaking as I waited for Taylor to respond. I could see the shock on her face. "Uh, I um, let's talk about this in a few hours okay beautiful?" Instantly I felt the lump that was all to frequent reappear. I darted out of Taylor and I's room and into a guest bedroom, locking the door and crashing onto the bed, crying myself to sleep. My slumber was nowhere near restful, the guest bed cold and empty without my girl beside me. Even if we weren't technically living together and I was just staying with her for a while, at this point we were and there was no denying. Unfortunately, despite desperately aching for more sleep I was awoken by clumsily rolling off the far to high up in my opinion, bed. As I lazily stumbled to the guest room door I heard soft snores. Slowly creaking open the door I found Tay curled up on the floor, no pillow and a thin throw wrapped tightly around her. Her face was ridden with tear tracks and her under eyes were dark. Sighing I stepped over the still sleeping woman, heading downstairs to make us food and call Selena. Not having the energy to make much else I just made waffles, only managing a few bites as the thoughts of purging resurfaced. That's when I called Selena. Shockingly she picked up on the second ring "Hey Charlie! You ok?" I heard her cheery voice "Hi Sel. I'm alright I think, Taylor and I aren't exactly speaking right now, do you think you could come over? I just need advice, I can make you breakfast? Waffles to be specific." I heard a quiet gasp and then a giggle. "Yeah sure, I'd love some waffles. I'll be over in 5." I hummed and hung up, not bothering to fix my appearance and rather laying down on the couch, snatching all 3 cats from the floor and forcing them to cuddle, though Meredith immediately left me and went to the hallway where Taylor was. Olivia and Benjamin stayed, comforting me until Selena got there. She made herself comfortable on the couch with her waffle as I told her the story. "Well I woke Taylor up, because uh well....I wanted to cut. And so we talked for a bit and I ended up telling her I love her. Her response was silence and asking if we could talk about it when we woke up in a few hours. I ran off and we haven't spoken since then. I slept in the guest room that is technically where I'm staying and I woke up to find her asleep outside the door. I don't know what to do Sel. It's just, that was so hard for me to say, and she should know that. It hurts that saying it back wasn't her immediate response. What if she doesn't love me Selena? What if she's just still with me because she thinks I'm too much of a mess to be on my own? Or maybe I'm good for her PR, 'saving a broken woman' or whatever." My voice wavered. That's when I heard the raspy voice of my one and only love "I'm sorry Charlie."

Hi! Cliff hangerssssss. Suggestions? Opinions? Also I love playing a mental game in my head of which of my regulars will read a chapter first (some of you read it 2 seconds after I publish it, HOW)

-Brooklyn