Chapter 64

Charlie POV

It had been about 2 weeks since my stomach virus and sadly it had brought thoughts of my eating disorder back. Watching my girlfriend dance during rehearsal I had a small smile on my lips as I changed out my gum for the 5th piece today, at 9 AM. I was so entranced watching my girl I hadn't felt the second and third sets of eyes on me, Sydney and Andrea. Luckily, just as Andrea made the decision to come talk to me, it was time for dancers to work again. During the Reputation choreo, I began to feel lightheaded. While Taylor hadn't noticed, Sydney and Andrea sure had. Andrea managed to get the choreographer to stop rehearsals and she pulled me into the conference room next door. "Charlie, hun, have you eaten today?" After years of dieting I learned to think quick, "Yeah Andrea, don't worry." My tone was snappier than I'd hoped but Andrea didn't acknowledge it "So what's with the gum?" I shrugged "Nothing, I'm pretty tired today and the gum keeps me awake during rehearsals. Can't have a backup dancer making Taylor fall right?" Taylor's mom seemed not effected by the attempted humor and sighed "I don't believe you, but I'll let it go. If I even think that your back to starving yourself, I'm gonna tell Taylor." My body remained completely neutral as I nodded and turned on my heel, going back in rehearsal. Taking a sip of water I felt the cold run down my throat, sighing. After Andrea and I's talk we were now on Red. I jumped in during 22 and prayed Taylor didn't notice my absence. It's just a diet, I won't let it get like before. My girlfriend doesn't need to know when and how I diet, right? I sighed and practiced the Enchanted dance with Taylor. When rehearsals finally wrapped Sydney insisted we meet up in 2 hours to get lunch. I absolutely can't do that. The hunger feels so good, and all the websites say this is what I have to do to lose weight anyway. What's the harm? I'll eat dinner. As I showered I made up an excuse for my lack of lunch. Slipping on a comfy and baggy outfit I found Sydney. "Hey! I got like crazy hungry so I went ahead and ate so I think imma just get a water but you can still eat." I explained as she drove to a restaurant close by. "Are you sure?" I nodded "Then what did you eat?" She asked as we walked in. "Oh I ate some pizza with Taylor." My voice came out shockingly steady. "Did you though?" Came a voice I didn't want to hear, also accompanied by the elder version "Charlie.....please let us help you." My heart rate picked up and I looked at Sydney. "Was this some sort of crazy trick?" She nodded "You bitch! I'm on a diet, I don't have a bloody eating disorder! What is this, some intervention?" I yelled and Taylor reached up from her spot to hold my arm, comforting me and preventing me from running off. "Charlie baby, sit. Just sit." Though I saw the extra plate of food next to her, clearly for me. Hell no.

Hi! I've made my decision I'm moving schools. Suggestions? Opinions? Sorry for the sad!

-Brooklyn