~ Chapter 71 ~

"Whoaaa! Shishikura is chatting up All Might? That's symbolic for realz. What's the topic? Life?"

"What the hell are you talking about?!" The Shiketsu kid yelled, spitting all over Camie's face.

"Really? Sick."

I fail to understand that girl. I don't even want to understand her in the first place. She's too weird for my taste.

I stretched my arms over my head as I sat down on the nearby bench, halfheartedly listening to the conversation Camie and Shishikura were having.

"Long time no see... Shoto." Endeavor spoke, making my head turn to look towards him.

Endeavor was standing in the corner, Shoto stood in front of him with a displeased expression on his face.

"You've changed a lot." Endeavor says, raising his hand to put it on Shoto's head.

"Shut up." Shoto spat, smacking Endeavor's hand away with ease.

"Pfft. No one really wants you to touch them, Endeavor." I laughed from where I was sitting, remembering how he thought I put a hand out in front of him to take. I was just doing that to make the scene look even more dramatic.

Endeavor ignored my weird giggles, looking towards the ground. A mix of emotions were present on his face. Not emotions of anger or embarrassment, but emotions of resentment and sadness.

"Shoto... I'm proud of you son."

I could see the surprise on his face when Shoto froze from Endeavor's words. He stared at Endeavor blankly, still trying to process the words or if he heard him wrong.

"So... I will become a hero you can be proud of too."

Shoto slowly raised his hands behind his neck, scratching it while looking towards the ground. A small shade of pink was present on his face because of embarrassment.

"Do whatever you want..." He muttered, trying to act as uninterested as he could.

"That was so wholesome. I'm crying." I say, wiping away a tear from my eyes.

Endeavor looked towards me as I started being dramatic. A small smile formed on his face. Seeing him smile, I couldn't help but return a similar one.

Oh yeah... Shoto caught that. He looked in between us suspiciously. His eyes traveled from me to Endeavor, and then back to me at the speed of light.

Thankfully, a loud smacking sound stopped him from looking at us. He turned his head towards the Shiketsu kid who Katsuki-kun kept calling Baldy. The Baldy had punched himself in the face...

"ENDEAVORRRR!" Badly yelled, marching up to him with a smile on his face. "I'll be cheering you on."

"Thank you.. Also... You're bleeding."

Shoto looked at the bald boy again, before looking towards the ground. Shoto's smile slowly faded from his face when he noticed I was staring at him.

Talk about rude.

All the loudness of Katsuki-kun yelling at Camie and Shishikura had drowned out when Shoto and I made eye contact. Our faces showed no emotion towards each other. If someone else looked at us, they'd believe nothing was wrong.

Even if my relationship with Endeavor somewhat improved, there was still one big elephant in the room.

The two of us.

We can't repair the past, but will we be able to build the future?

Not if this keeps going on.

That's the problem... I can't back away now.