~ Chapter 60 ~

Shoto POV

You've had my attention the moment you walked into my life.

Ever since you stared at me the first time right when you walked into the room. You knew exactly who I was and where I would be sitting. I could tell you came there for me. I could tell you came to UA just for me right when I noticed you staring at me.

It became more obvious when you weren't paying attention in the entrance exam and were just trying to get my attention by doing better than me. You didn't even realize you came first until the end. I knew you were going to try and talk to me then but got caught up with Bakugou.

I was sure you were a rival who was trying to bring me down because I'm Endeavor's son. A competitor trying your best to be better than me. And I was up for the challenge.

Then you asked me out and I was sure you were crazy.

I decided to not pay much attention to you but my actions betrayed my thoughts. I found myself getting closer to you. I wanted to know who you were and why you wanted me specifically.

'I like hot people.' That's what you said when I asked you.

I still don't understand what that means but okay.

Months went on and I couldn't pull myself away from you. I tried to find a way to get rid of you by faking my feelings but I ended up actually falling for you.

It was one of the best mistakes I made in my life. Liking you.

Or maybe I'm wrong.

What if everything I just said was wrong... Or half of it.

Don't get me wrong. All my feelings for Nora are true. I really like her and she's an important part of my life now...

What if you actually come to UA for me?... But you never loved me.

It was an act.

Questions still loomed on the tip of my tongue as I kept my eyes on the floor. Nora stood leaning against the wall in front of me. The music could barely be heard from where we were standing, showing how far we had been from the party hall. There was no one around us and it was just pure silence and the small taps of Nora's nails.

"Say that again..." I muttered, letting out a heavy sigh as I looked back up towards Nora.

She bit the inside of her cheek not looking towards me as she kept her eyes on the end of the hall. As if making sure no one was over here and listening to us talk. Her nails continue to make small beats.

"I've never liked you." I spoke in a soft voice, slowly turning her head towards me and keeping her gaze fixed on the ground.

I stared at Nora for a long moment, taking in the sight of her avoiding my eyes. A small dry chuckle escaped my mouth as I kept my eyes on her.

"Don't be ridiculous" I muttered, taking a step towards her. Nora took a step back, her back more closer to the wall than it was before.

It's not an act. It can't be.

We've known each other for months, and even possibly years, according to Nora. She couldn't have acted like she liked me for so long. What's the point of doing it? She was the one who kept attempting to win me over.

I took in a deep breath, noticing the way Nora had backed away from me. I clenched my fist tightly and slowly released them, the hesitant shaking in my fingers slowed down a little.

"Nora..." I say quietly. I moved my hand forward slowly in an attempt to grab hers. Nora did not move away from me this time, instead standing still and allowing me to hold her hand. "I know you're lying."