~ Chapter 49 ~

Nora POV

Nora POV

I shove my phone onto my pocket as I trudge my way through the path which leads towards the lake. A dark feeling inside my stomach when I don't see anyone near me, or even in the area.

Letting out a sigh, I walk a little longer. Examining the forestry that eloped the area, forming the lake. Strong scent of grass reached my nose, but there was also another particularly familiar scent.

My eyes immediately snapped towards the direction of the scent. Landing on a small figure in the distance, sitting on a rock with a slumped position.

"Roarr." I greet, standing behind Shoto as he chucked a small pebble into the lake.

"Where'd you come from?" Shoto asks, not looking behind as I peered over his shoulder at the collection of rocks he had for throwing into the water.

He's doing stupid stuff. Which means he's not in a good mood. Which means he had a fight with Endeavor.

"From UA. I just had my extra classes with Mr. Aizawa, when I got your call." I smile, putting my hands behind my back neatly as I look at the back of Shoto's figure.

"How'd you find me? I was at ten different locations in one hour."

"I searched."

I went hysterical. I was worried about the quietness on the other end of the phone. The pain you had conveyed to me through no words. The silence on the other end formed the worst feeling I've felt in the bottom of my stomach.

I've never heard you so quiet.

I don't like it when you're quiet.

"You searched?"

"Yeah..."

I couldn't think properly so I used an illegal app.

Biting the inside of my jaws nervously, I placed a hand on Shoto's shoulder. His body immediately tensed up at the foreign touch, settling down when he realized it was just me.

"Why'd you call?" I ask, trying my best to sound like I'm not worried.

"I just wanted to hear your voice."

I try not to act surprised with Shoto's answer. He didn't even feel the need to hide his true feelings or keep his mouth shut. What's going on in his head right now.

I unintentionally squeezed his shoulder a little tighter. Realizing what I was doing, I let go of his shoulder. Coming forward I stand in front of him, finally making him look at me for the first time today.

His eyes were cold and menacing but I couldn't help but squat in front of him. He watches blankly as I grab his hands, intervening our fingers together.

"It's going to be alright." I say, tilting my head to the side as a bright smile formed on my face.

There's a long silence as Shoto studied my face. His eyes then traveled back to our intervened hands.