~ Chapter 42 ~

I let out a gasp as I got shoved into a tree. Quickly, I grasp the hand which was locked onto my throat, failing miserably to remove it from blocking my air pipes.

"Hey... Remember me? The so-called dog who you gave up your precious life to work with." A familiar voice spoke, tightening his grip on my throat.

I grasped the hand tighter, digging my claws into his arms. This time to purposely injure him. The man only smirks, I could feel my throat start to heat up.

"You can call me Dabi, by the way."

I look at the man again, clearly recognizing him as the man I met at the bar a few weeks ago. He looked at me with a smug look. He had a bored expression on his face, but I could see the hate literally radiating off him.

It was clear... This guy had no intention of letting me live to see the sunrise.

"What are you glaring at?" Dabi smirked, as fog started to clog my brain. I couldn't focus on anything and this man was just making things worse.

"I recognized you as the third place winner of the sports festival the moment you walked into the bar. It was pretty obvious that you were there for other reasons. You're dumb enough to think that the league of villains actually believe you want to join the association."

I let out another cry of pain as Dabi tightened his grip on my throat. Watching as the smoke starts to rise from his hands. Immediately I could feel my neck start to heat up as small blue flames surrounded Dabi's arm.

"I was watching you this whole time. You do seem close to Shoto Todoroki... A crush perhaps?" The man asked as I let out another gasp in pain.

Unable to remove his hands from my neck, the only thing I could do is place a limp hand on his fire, even though it's useless. The man watched blankly as tears of pain started to form in my eyes.

"What should I call you, by the way?" The man bordley asks, not seeming to loosen his grip on my throat. "You're a cat, right? How bout-"

The man looks at me with a bored expression as I let out a scream of pain. The fire had reached my throat and I couldn't hold back on pretending to be unaffected anymore.

"Purrincess?"

I gripped onto Dabi's hand harder as my brain started to fog up. I was losing awareness of my surroundings. I'm probably going to faint any second right now, but there's no way I want to pass out in front of this creep.

By the way, what a bad pun-

I used to make those jokes in kindergarten. Just saying.

"How's the name, Princess?" Dabi asks, coming closer towards me.

His cold eyes and hot fire sent a shiver down my spine. I wanted to punch the man, rip his eyes out with my claws and make him beg for forgiveness. But a feeling down inside me prevented me from doing any.

I'm not afraid of anything. I can't be afraid of anything.

When I am... I hate the feeling a lot.

Who the fuck is he?

"Why aren't you answering me?" The man asks cluelessly. "Oh... You can't breathe. Sorry, my bad. I forgot."

I slump to the ground as Dabi finally lets go of my throat. Coughing uncontrollably I grab my numb neck. I still can't breathe properly.

Dabi watches blankly as I gasp for air, letting go of my sensitive throat which had been messed up because of a certain someone.

"Ah, Is the Princess hurt?" Dabi mocked, leaning against the tree bordely.