~ Chapter 63 ~

"Take these..."

I let out a small sigh as I extended my hands so that Recovery Girl could place the small pills in my open palm. They were vitamin pills, and I could tell just by the looks of them that they would taste disgusting.

I swallowed them down with a mouthful of water, grimacing at the aftertaste that lingered in my throat.

Oh yeah, by the way, if you haven't figured it out yet, I'm alive.

I kept my eyes on Recovery Girl as my feet dangled on my bed. The short lady walked around the room, finding specific pills to pack for me so that I could recover quicker. As she worked diligently, I couldn't help but think of the difficult journey that had brought me here.

By "difficult journey," I mean the fact that someone purposely missed a perfect opportunity to kill me by not stabbing a major organ and using sedatives instead of poison.

As if on cue, a knock came from the door. All Might poked his head into the room. His skeleton figure peeked inside, and he smiled softly when he noticed me gawking at him.

"Oh... Hello, Young Azumi. I'm glad to see you're alright." The old man says, letting out a sigh of relief as he walks into the room. "You were stabbed back at the party."

I hummed in agreement with him, nodding my head and pursing my lips in acceptance of his words.

"Oh damn... "I had no idea." I mumbled under my breath, looking towards the ground as I tried my best to hold onto the sarcasm but failed miserably.

All Might comes up to me, appearing unconcerned by my mumbling. He touched my head with a strangely fatherly gesture. My eyes close as I melt into the warm touch for the first time this evening, and a sigh of relief escapes from my lips. I feel safe and secure in his hand, which is something I haven't felt in a while.

"You look tired." All Might says, watching me as I blink my eyes open to try and remove any traces of fatigue from my face.

"Yeah, sedatives, you know," I muttered, "the usual."

All Might removed his hand from my head and gave me a warm smile. He looked at Recovery Girl, who wasn't paying attention to us, as he continued to speak.

"The usual?"

"Huh?"

All Might chuckled at me as I looked at him in confusion. It was obvious from his face that he wasn't going to push questions on me. especially since I'm still feeling the effects of the sedatives.

The sedatives didn't effect me enough for me not to be aware that the person who attacked me didn't intend to kill me.

I felt a sense of relief that he wasn't pressing me for answers, yet I was also somewhat concerned; the person who attacked me could have killed me, and I still had no idea why they hadn't

"There's a lot of unsolved questions going through your mind right now, Azumi. You should be resting right now, but I hate to say this..."

I raised an eyebrow of confusion towards him. All Might steps back, walking towards the door once more. His gaze remained unyielding as he looked back at me

"You'll have to come with me right now. Principal Nezu wants to do some investigations, so you'll have to answer some questions he asks."

I stared at All Might, dumbfounded. Yeah, I was happy that All Might was pushing questions at me, but I think I jinxed it now that I know Nezu might.

"All Might... I got stabbed three hours ago. It's 1 AM in the morning, and I'm still in the affects of those sedatives."

Not much though.