~ Chapter 55 ~

You really had to say that, didn't you Mr. Aizawa?

'One of the strongest heroes I've ever met.'

Pathetic.

Why would you even think about complimenting me and my not-so hard work in front of your hero friend? You would have been fine only talking about Midoriya, Bakugou and Shoto.

Why'd you drag me in?

To make me feel included in the class?

Oh, don't make me puke. We all know that I'm nothing important to the class. I'm literally using my 'classmates' to make friends and get over Shoto. I'm not even any level near them.

I'm way below them.

Yeah, yeah, ungrateful, whatever, I don't care. I'm literally being dragged into this hero class thing. If it weren't for the promise I made to complete the mission, I would have been spending my time at my new apartment in Paris with a nice french baguette.

I don't get what made you think that I am a hero. What did I even do to make you think that? Saved you from a damn Nomu? Oh please! I only did that because I wanted to make you feel bad about yourself and weak.

I wanted to make you realize how easily I saved you... and if you'd just have used your brain, I would have been safe too, 5 years ago.

I still hate you for what you did. I'm not saying anything because I've always been taught to respect my mentor. Not to mention, I'm doing a whole mission with you.

Just because I haven't talked about that doesn't mean I forgot about it or anything.

I bustled my way through the auditorium filled with the 50 student heroes who had passed the test so far, swiftly navigating my way through them as I looked for a source of food.

Hero...

You've forgotten the definition of that or something Mr. Aizawa. I'm not saving anyone and doing any hero work. I said I'll do this mission for someone who's dead, not to save the goddamn world.

There's no way I am a hero. A hero doesn't get themselves into regular nonsenses. A hero doesn't use people and lie. A hero isn't a manipulative person.

A hero doesn't break innocent hearts.

As if one cue to my thoughts, I come to an abrupt stop when someone comes in front of me blocking my path to keep me from proceeding.

I immediately wiped the frown off my face and put a poker face on as Shoto stood in front of me.

Ah! Isn't that just great!

There's a tense silence as the two of us look at each other quietly. Shoto looks at me blankly as I slowly part eyes from him and look around the room, letting out a breathy chuckle in the process.

"No one else from our class is here..." I say, trying to get his eyes off me. "You're the first to pass from UA... congrats..."

"What are you doing?" Shoto says, not prying his eyes away from me as if they were stuck onto me like glue.

"Finding something to eat." I chuckled, finger gunning towards the vending machine in the far end of the room.

"That's not what I meant."

The atmosphere gets quiet as I finger gunned at the vending machine while frozen in place. I felt my mouth falter as I slowly released the hold of my hand, making them fall limp to my side.

I slowly turned my head to look at Shoto, dramatically yet slowly. The innocent smile from my face vanished as I put on an unreadable expression.

"What do you mean..." I asked in a low and challenging voice, my voice coming out a little raspy in the end.