~ Chapter 52 ~

"The training dreamland, in short TDL" Cementoss spoke. "This facility of my own devisinging. Here I am able to prepare terrains and training objects personalized for each and everyone of you students."

It has been a few days since we have come to the dorms, everything is going well.

Yeah, I wish I could say that.

Nothing's going well. Shoto keeps giving me glances from now and then and I can't help but look away because all I see is heartbreak plastered across his beautiful face.

He clearly knows that I rejected him.

But he can't and doesn't stop looking at me with a sad face... even though his face is emotionless.

Ugh, let's just not think about that.

Right now, we were in the training gym, learning about special moves. To say I had no idea what I was going to do would be an understatement.

"I HAVE A QUESTION!" Iida screams from beside me, waving his hand up and down at Aizawa. I jump at the sudden loudness in his voice. "Why are special moves necessary to obtain provisional license, please illuminate us with that context."

"I'll explain that step by step..." Aizawa sighs, as he shuffles closer down so his scarf could cover his neck. "Incidents, accidents, disasters, human calamities, it's the job of a hero to rescue people from all types of situations. Naturally, the design for the exam is to measure that aptitude. Every Year the exam changes to test those different aptitudes."

"-but among them, fighting ability is a heavy weighted consideration for heroes. They say that being well prepared means no worries! Having such techniques in your arsenal will greatly affect your chances of success."

"If instead of being controlled by the situation, you are able to bring stability to the situation. That is the mark of a true hero's fighting ability."

"So like Iida's recipro burst!" I say, making Iida look at me in shock. "Or that lacquered chain prison thing Kamui woods uses."

He used that nasty thing on me.

"Exactly..." Aizawa sighs, as I had cut the teachers from their explanation for the hundredth time this year. "Before it was brought to an abrupt end, you were supposed to learn ultimate moves during the training camp-"

I raise my eyebrow at him, remembering the horrible training I was put through a few weeks ago so that I can train my teleportation.

"In other words... between now and the start of the next school term, in the remaining next ten days we have for summer break. We're going to strengthen our quirks and work out your special moves."

~~~~~~~~~

I stare at my claws dumbfounded as Aizawa eyes me, eager to know what I was planning to do for my special move.

"Uhm...?" I mumble stupidly as I watch everyone else around the gym had already started.

"You didn't really come up with anything... did you?" Aizawa sighs, as I scratch the back of my neck.

"Nope." I beam, shooting him a finger gun.

Aizawa rolls his eyes at my behaviour and the way I wasn't taking this seriously.

"Nora, I'm sure you're aware that you're supposed to be way ahead of your classmates right now." Aizawa says, making me scowl at him. "Times ticking and you're an actual hero now. I get that you're not going to be taking this test but you still need to work hard."

"I know, I know." I sigh, cutting Aizawa off. "I know I'm supposed to make an ultimate move, be cool and show off and do whatever heroes do-"

"Heroes do not make ultimate moves to show off, they make it to have a special move they could use when they have no other options."