~ Prologue ~

~ Prologue ~

The cold night air lavished through the barred window, hitting my face. Almost as if showing off, telling me how it's free to go anywhere, and escape anything.  

I held my breath tight, trying not to curse at the wind as it brushed against my face, giving me the shivers.

Seriously! I had to hide right below the stupid window out of every other hidding places in this office.

Anyways...

"Keep an eye on Emiko specifically tonight. We can't have her repeating the same thing she did last New Years." The doctor spoke, opening what sounded like a drawer. "We had to switch hospitals because of her."

The doctor is a man who is a doctor.

That's the only thing I know about him. Literally. I don't know what his real name is, what he likes to eat, what his age is, and why the heck he's so annoyingly cruel and likes to turn people into animals.

"Yes sir."

Haha losers. I already began the process.

I heard the papers ruffling as the doctor presumably put something inside the drawer. He closed it shut, locking it with keys.

My locket.

He stole my locket so I wouldn't escape.

Pathetic.

"If she were to escape once more, the boss would have us all killed. Keep guard around her room. Don't even give her food tonight." He says to his lackey.

"Yes sir."

I already ate a bunch when I was stealing food from the kitchen on the first floor. I did get carried away when I finally tasted something other than chicken for the first time in two years.

"What are you looking at? Get lost. This New Years party is not for slaves like yourself. Go and guard the girl."

"Y-Yes sir."

I slowly moved my feet closer to myself, holding still behind the hospital bed as the lackey nurse walked past me towards the door of the room. He quickly opened the door, shuffling out before closing it behind her.

It's been 3 years since I've been kidnapped by this hospital. I don't know who is exactly the main person behind my kidnapping, but I do know for sure that the doctor is the one managing me.

He's a cruel being, who doesn't show any emotions while torturing me.

I got sick of waiting for heroes a year ago and formed an escape plan. To say the least, it wasn't really successful.

That's when I lost my mind and became the totally different person I am today.

It's not going to happen again. I won't trust anyone and I'll make it out of this place all by myself. No heroes to help me and no villains to stop me.