~ Chapter 35 ~

Shoto POV

I adjusted my backpack on the bench, putting it right beside me as I sat down. The park was filled with silence since no one really was here at the moment, except for me.

School was finally over and it was time for everyone to go home. I should be at home as well, but I couldn't help but sit on this bench as my thoughts swarmed through my brain.

Nora is Mr. Aizawa's daughter.

How come I didn't figure it out earlier? Now that I look at them, they really do remind me of a father and daughter. Nora's always bickering with Mr. Aizawa... and Mr. Aizawa always seems to let it go.

Nora's guardian is Mr. Aizawa. She is bad at studying and has to do extra classes. Her hair is brown and she looks and behaves like a cat. She has a rude and tired attitude.

Emiko's parents are dead. She used to always study since she wasn't in school. Her hair is pink and she's bright. Emiko's a nice and smart person who I always admired.

They both are so different.

Yet, so similar.

Something's definitely wrong with me at this point.

They don't even look alike, how can Nora possibly be Emiko. What the heck am I thinking?

Besides, the biggest difference is that one is dead and the other one is alive.

Why am I even thinking so much about Nora at this point?

I was so worried about Nora for the past few days, I could barely sleep. With all my thoughts swarming around her, if I hurt her by not responding.

She's all that's in my head.

How did this even happen? She never meant anything to me before, but as I got more comfortable with her...

"Roar!" A voice I knew way too well by now, beamed.

I jumped slightly by the sudden noise, turning to look towards Nora with a surprised expression. She had her usual giddy and creepy smile on her face as she made claw gestures with her hands.

I let out a sigh, looking forward once again. Nora drops her hands to the side, walking towards the bench and taking a seat beside me.

"What were you thinking about?" She asked, already used to me not responding to her greetings.

"Nothing." I said a little to quickly this time.

That caused Nora to raise her eyebrows and turn to look at me with squinted eyes of suspicion.

"Nothing? Then why'd you jump when I came? You looked like you got caught stealing something." She spoke, eyeing me up and down.

I stiffened at her words, looking towards the ground blankly as I tried not to look towards her suspicious eyes.

I don't even know why I'm so nervous right now.

"Were you thinking about me?"

"No."

"Yes?!!!"

"No!!"

"Hmm."

There's a tense silence as we sat beside each other on the bench. Nora moves a little closer towards me. I could feel her leg slightly brush mine.

That faint action made my heart flutter with desire. A feeling that I've never felt before. My cheeks were slightly heated up by such a small thing.

What is wrong with me? I must be sick today.