~ Chapter 4 ~

{Edited}

I had a small smile on my face as I made my way down the halls of UA. Today was the second day of school. According to the rumors, All Might was going to be here today.

Not that I care. The only reason I was grinning like an idiot was because of the conversation I had with Shoto yesterday at the coffee shop. It was brief but enough to get Shoto annoyed.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. I wanted to play games with Shoto and get him confused. At least he wouldn't have his head stuck to being a hero for Emiko or whatever crap and actually live life.

I purposefully brought up the fact that I was stronger than him and made him believe I was trying to be his rival. If I had just said that I knew him from before, he would have just forgotten after 5 minutes.

I caught him off guard so that he'd not ignore me.

As I proceeded down the hall, I heard small footsteps behind me. I could immediately tell someone was following me.

"Boo!" Mina screams and leaps onto my back.

"Hello, Mina." I say nonchalantly, unaffected by her sudden entrance.

MIna Ashido. The moment I walked away with a sassy remark thrown at Bakugou yesterday, she became my fan. If it weren't for her, I would have been able to catch up to Shoto earlier.

"Oh my goodness, Nora. I expected you to fall for it. How did you know I was following you?" Mina expressed her dissatisfaction. "Anyway, forget about it, So..."

Mina's eyes were bright with wonder when she gazed at me. I examined her lively figure.

"So spill..." she exclaimed.

"Spill what?"

"What were you doing with Todoroki?" Mina expresses herself by bouncing up and down. "Remember? I saw you two sitting in front of each other in the coffee shop beside the subway station."

The mere mention of Shoto causes me to pause. I turn to face Mina. She glanced at me with keen interest.

When I was scheming against Shoto, this girl had decided it'd be funny to poke her face through the coffee window and give me a heart attack. Thank god I shooed her away before Shoto could notice.

"I'm sorry I can't tell you." I merely say this before turning around and walking away.

"Oh, Nora, come on. Please." Mina pleaded.

Mina stepped in front of me to prevent me from walking any further towards the class. She is quite nosy.

"Look, Mina, I can't tell you anything right now. But understand that it isn't what you believe it is." I say.

Totally, it is not at all what you think it is.

Mina stares at me, clearly disappointed that she didn't learn the details of my talk with Shoto.

"Ugh, fine... I was curious." She grumbles.

We both walk towards the class, and Mina begins talking about Boys, Dance, and other things that I didn't care about. To be at peace, I merely droned out of the conversation.

I enjoy it when things are calm and tranquil. I always tried to find tranquility and tune out my surroundings when I was in the hospital. I was always trying to get away from reality.

This has been quite beneficial to me. Especially since I am now good at filtering out people and focusing on a specific sound. It is quite beneficial.

"Azumi," A voice from behind calls.