~ Chapter 43 ~

Weeks ago -
Aizawa's Office

"You see, I'm actually here to give you an opportunity... An opportunity to get 1 billion yen."

Hinode eagerly eyes me as I let out an exasperated sigh. The ruffleing of clothes could be heard from beside me as Aizawa cleared his throat, reminding me to not do something stupid.

"So... You gonna do it?" Hinode asks, eagerly leaning forward on his chair.

A small chuckle escaped my mouth as I watched Hinode's excited figure. My small chuckles, quickly turning louder as my laugh echoes through the room. Seeing me laugh, Hinode also starts.

I could practically feel the anger filled aurora coming out of Aizawa as he stared at the two of us giggling like school girls playing with dolls.

"It's not working." I laugh, making Hinode immediately stop laughing and look at me with an unreadable expression. I also stopped laughing.

"W-what's not working?"

"You've got to tell me the whole thing... then I'll decide. "

"Oh my!" Hinode immediately spoke, covering his mouth with his hand. "Well Yes, Of course we would need you to do something in return... Obviously... It's not that big of a deal. You'd be able to do it easily."

I'd be able to do it easily... just what exactly does he want me to do?

The way he's behaving... It's as if he's a small child. Something else is clearly behind the picture.

But what?

I raise an eyebrow at HInode as he takes out a file from his suitcase. Placing it on Aizawa's desk. He opens the file, placing a picture on top.

"Ahem... So basically... Let me explain first... don't jump to conclusions before that... but... to start it off, I would like to bring your attention to the league of villains." He mumbles, nervously pointing towards the picture of Crusty and Nomu on the table. "A few days ago, the league of villains attacked this school. With the help of All Might and a few of your classmates, we managed to capture the Nomu. Whilst, the whole hero commission was in shock with this attack. The Nomu had overpowered and almost defeated All Might himself. "

Hinode's nose scrunches in disgust as he glances back at the Nomu. He didn't like the way it looked at all. It disgusted him. Yet he still sat still as if there was something else on his mind.

I mentally took note of his disgusted face, rubbing the tip of my nose as I slowly leaned forward.

The league of villains... Why's he telling me all this?

"This creature specifically..." He says, I squint my eyes at the Nomu "Is one we all worried about. After much research we found out that it was genetically modified... just like you..."

He flinched immediately when he felt my intense glares towards him. Taking a small gulp he brings his hands in front of him.

"Apologies for mentioning something that may be a little... sensitive to you... but just so you know... the hero commission is aware of the tragedies you faced four years ago. Although it was quite a shock when we found out that you're alive. Do not worry, we will keep your secret... a secret. "

Hinode and I share eye contact for a few seconds. He looks at my eyes carefully examining the dark look inside them. The man gives me one more look before reluctantly shifting eye contact.

I raised an eyebrow towards the man, watching his every move as he scratched the back of his neck.

Hinode took a deep breath, giving me a breathy chuckle before looking back down at the file and continuing.